Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I won't see Star Wars until tomorrow, so why not take the time and see the new Christmas classic that landed on Netflix today?

MV5BOWRjMTFhOGYtOTZhNC00OGQwLTgwYjctZDdl

HOLY SHIT IT'S ON NETFLIX?!?!?!?!?!?!? :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Might have to interrupt my Star Wars marathon for this.

20 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I won't see Star Wars until tomorrow, so why not take the time and see the new Christmas classic that landed on Netflix today?

MV5BOWRjMTFhOGYtOTZhNC00OGQwLTgwYjctZDdl

Spoiler

So I'm 10 minutes in, and I just saw a scene where Michael Shannon walks into his bedroom, and sees his wife, played by Christina Hendricks, in a bunny fursuit, and Ron Perlman, in a wolf fursuit (for some reason Michael Shannon keeps saying he's a squirrel), and both of them admit they're part of a furry club...this is gonna be a great movie.

Edited by CoolEric258
Used spoiler tags so Han doesn't miss the juicy stuff.
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Michael Shannon's performance as a drunk deserves way more accolades than his Shape of Water performance tbh

Pottersville 15 minutes in

Spoiler

So drunk Michael Shannon is so depressed his wife left him for furry Ron Perlman, and in his drunken stupor, he takes some weird hairy suit thing from the general store he works at, puts on a gorilla mask, and is now leaving the general store. I knew Bigfoot played a part, but I'm glad the furry element was a surprise.

Spoiler

And now, Shannon is awake, and there's a news report on some old black and white TV that's about 15 inches big. I'd understand why if this was a period piece, but this movie has furries, who according to Wikipedia originated in the 1980s and gained popularity in the 2000s and onwards. Why does the general store own a rinky-dinky TV from like the 70s? I don't get it!

Spoiler

They just showed a scene, where Michael Shannon is drinking from a water fountain while in the Bigfoot costume, but it's from one of those fountains that have a sculpture of a kid with his penis out, and the water is being squirted from the penis, so Michael Shannon is more or less getting a golden shower from a little boy statue. WHAT

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 2

25 minutes in

Spoiler

So Ron Perlman is the sheriff of the town? Fucking Ron Perlman is a furry sheriff. I...I...what? Also, we get to the montage where the town gets all Bigfoot crazy and tourist trappy, and not only is there a scene of the furry club jamming and having drinks with one another (how they drink it without taking off the heads I have no idea), but there's a scene in the middle of the montage, where ShannonFoot is walking in front of a family putting up their Christmas tree, the kid spots him, and says "Merry Christmas, Bigfoot," and Shannon replies with a roar. The thing that bothers me the most is that the kid and the parents see Shannon in this shitty-ass costume, meaning at the very least some people have seen what he looks like up close, but no one in this dumb-ass town realizes, "Huh, this Bigfoot looks like a guy in a shitty costume." Why are people still thinking that he exists?

Better yet, what does this have to do with Christmas? The only Christmas-y thing is like one or two scenes of a tree, some Christmas songs, and the name of the town being the name from the alternate timeline in It's a Wonderful Life. Why make this a Christmas movie...WHY?!

Also, Thomas Lennon is in this and has an Australian accent.

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Sorry to say, but I feel Thomas Lennon isn't that funny in this. There are one or two weird WTF moments with him so far, especially since he has an Australian accent, but most of the time his jokes go on for way too long and feel overstretched that it's hard to laugh at how ridiculous he is.

• Like 1