Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I understand the sentiment but Oprah's pretty much made a career out of promoting positive social evolution. She's a celebrity because she's such a charismatic idealist and knows how to work people; skills that are very much transferable to politics. And she doesn't strike me as someone who would crumble so easily under lobbyist pressures either. 

Edited by tribefan695

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

So who's taking his spot at the Oscars? If Tom Hanks was in danger of losing out on a nom, he's in now. 

Voting closes tomorrow so it's probably too late. That said, if he's nominated, I won't be surprised if they just default to whoever is sixth as the fifth nominee.

16 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

So who's taking his spot at the Oscars? If Tom Hanks was in danger of losing out on a nom, he's in now. 

They still gave a win to Casey Affleck and even a nomination to Mel Gibson. The Academy can go on and on about how progressive they are, but deep down, they really don't care.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I would never stop laughing if this resulted in Jake Gyllenhaal getting nominated in his place.

Gyllenhaal gave the best over the top performance of the year and one of the best grounded performances of the year.  give him an Oscar nom!

Edited by That One Guy

Just now, filmlover said:

Between the Franco stuff and the All the Money in the World reshoot salary controversy, it's been a busy news cycle the last few days before the deadline. Now watch Michelle Williams kick out Meryl and get nominated.

The Academy passing up on a chance to nominate Meryl Streep?

:rofl: 

HAHAHAHAHA

giphy-downsized-large.gif

:rotfl: 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The Academy passing up on a chance to nominate Meryl Streep?

:rofl: 

HAHAHAHAHA

giphy-downsized-large.gif

:rotfl: 

Image result for that's the joke gif

Although it is funny that Meryl is in last place for a Steven Spielberg film about a timely topic (that has also been shut out of most of the precursors overall). Never in a million years thought that would happen and yet here we are.