Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Treetanic said:

Watched Annihilation last night and fell asleep 20 minutes before the end. Don't feel like I missed much lol. Film is a bit of a snooze. Maybe it redeems itself at the end and suddenly the entire thing improves... otherwise not sure what everyone is raving about.

Wow you really missed a lot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Treetanic said:

Watched Annihilation last night and fell asleep 20 minutes before the end. Don't feel like I missed much lol. Film is a bit of a snooze. Maybe it redeems itself at the end and suddenly the entire thing improves... otherwise not sure what everyone is raving about.

Never watch a movie while tired, it ruins them.

For annhilation specfically the ending was a big part of the film so you it's unfair to criticise it until finished.

That said I wasn't raving about it, it was good but not great. I'm in the go watch Stalker instead camp.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

i don’t fucking know how do you fuck up pasta

Undercook it

Overcook it

Forget to salt the water (huge)

Rinse off all the gluten so sauce can't stick to it

Make horrible sauces

Don't stir it so it sticks and burns to the bottom or sticks all together

Put too much pasta in too little water so gluten has nowhere to go - usually end up with sticky underdone mess

Have some pasta not in the water while some is in, so you can both undercook and overcook it

Cook it with no water and burn it (don't joke - I've seen this)

Do you want me to go on - just like an egg, the simplest products are the easiest to wildly screw up:)...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Undercook it

Overcook it

Forget to salt the water (huge)

Rinse off all the gluten so sauce can't stick to it

Make horrible sauces

Don't stir it so it sticks and burns to the bottom or sticks all together

Put too much pasta in too little water so gluten has nowhere to go - usually end up with sticky underdone mess

Have some pasta not in the water while some is in, so you can both undercook and overcook it

Cook it with no water and burn it (don't joke - I've seen this)

Do you want me to go on - just like an egg, the simplest products are the easiest to wildly screw up:)...

Now he'll be so terrified he'll never try. 

• Haha 6
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Never watch a movie while tired, it ruins them.

For annhilation specfically the ending was a big part of the film so you it's unfair to criticise it until finished.

That said I wasn't raving about it, it was good but not great. I'm in the go watch Stalker instead camp.

yeah I will finish it when I get home.

I wasn't especially tired, it just happens a lot. I can't remember the last time I saw a film at home and didn't fall asleep. Its usually after 90 minutes with most films, I last most of the film then nod off. cant help it, my room is warm and my chair very comfy. it is a bit annoying though

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAR said:

My grandma did pass away earlier this morning.  My dad and his three brothers were with her.  While it’s sad she was 89 and lived a very full life.

sorry for your loss Dar  :( 

• Thanks 1