Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Hulu would make sense. With how weak the TV ratings have been, that's probably where most of its viewership has come from anyway.

If nothing else, I just want a spin-off with Stephanie Beatriz as Rosa Diaz because: a.) Diaz is awesome, and b.) Until very recently, I had no idea how absolutely different the character and the actress are from one another.

Edited by Webslinger

All of this makes me really happy that Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt ended up going to Netflix which in turn resulted in it getting four seasons and a proper send-off. Had it aired on NBC (or any other network tbh), it would've most likely been a goner after one season.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, Thematrixfilm said:

approx. 2 weeks each for each NBA conference final.  starts Sunday/Monday and if they go out to 7 games, it will end approx. 2 weeks later at Memorial Day Sun/Mon.

That means that then the finals could go during the first 2 weeks of June.  Jurassic World does not come out until the 3rd week of June.  The Toronto Raptors would have had decent NBA advertising, but the JW release date will not overlap with a potential NBA finals date.

Does anyone know if a potential series of the Milwaukee Bucks vs the Philadeliphia 76ers would have played out differently?  It seems Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Boston (minus all its superstars) were pretty evenly matched and that the all would have made a good series. 

I'm a Bucks fan but I'm pretty certain Philly would have won the series.   They just had a better supporting cast around their superstars.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All of this makes me really happy that Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt ended up going to Netflix which in turn resulted in it getting four seasons and a proper send-off. Had it aired on NBC (or any other network tbh), it would've most likely been a goner after one season.

There was a time though when NBC was in such dire straights that shows that would have been cancelled a lot sooner.  I don't think Friday Night Lights would have made past season 1.  And Parks and Rec might not have lasted as long as it did either.

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm a Bucks fan but I'm pretty certain Philly would have won the series.   They just had a better supporting cast around their superstars.

maybe it could have gone all 7 games.  or even matched with home court advantage in each game.

1 minute ago, Thematrixfilm said:

maybe it could have gone all 7 games.  or even matched with home court advantage in each game.

Possibly but I think it would at the most Sixers in 6

Charlie Puth's new album is pretty good! There's definitely a bit of filler than blends together, but over half of the album is pretty banging. HUGE improvement over his first album that had 1 good song (Marvin Gaye is a guilty pleasure but I ain't gonna be out there defending that)

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

lol i'm so glad it's on the network with the lowest bar for success! this and the good place are the only two network shows i watch left standing. 

They started airing this season in like March and it still got renewed lmao

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Red Sparrow not too bad. More thought and care put into it than I expected, although it still leans too hard into a dour mood to match the content. Didn't think of it while watching but just saw someone make a Black Book comparison and a version of this movie that would've been unafraid to experiment with tone Verhoeven-style could've actually been pretty special. Bless Mary-Louise Parker for acting like she's in a totally different movie than everyone else though and thus bringing more life into it. 

I saw it with my friend who was more or less expecting a regular spy movie (and also because he thinks Jennifer Lawrence is hot which is pretty understandable), not the borderline exploitation film that it was.  During the first scene in the hotel, he just kind of stared at me like he made a huge mistake.  His mouth was wide open in shock.  And of course, the

skin grafting

scene went over very well with him.  I had to apologize to him after it was over just because he wasn't expecting it.  He liked the movie overall though!

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/last-man-fox-seventh-season-tim-allen-1202388669/

lmfao Fox caved into the pressure from Breitbart :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: 

Fox wants that Roseanne audience. However I don't think it's gonna work out as well for them. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Haha 1