Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Does anyone remember The Artist? When was the last time you heard anyone talk about that movie? 

When the dog actor died it made the "news" quite a bit, 2 year's ago maybe ? Probably impossible to not remember the Artist.

Edited by Barnack

41 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alright I've slept on it a little and made a decision.

I'm not going to leave the forums entirely.  However, my activity will decrease and my posts will probably be restricted to the CCT (which is more or less the only (mostly) tolerable thread on here).  I still don't want to have to listen to the ""conversations"" that make this forum insufferable, so I'll probably just never enter any other thread other than this one.

Also fuck EmpireCity.  And fuck the people who encouraged him by liking all the posts where he attacked other users.  Just because you give numbers doesn't give you excuses to be an intolerable ----.

I love you

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AJG said:

The Kings Speech won an Oscar???? For what?

I loved that movie quite a lot and for having watched some of those with my academy voters aged parents (and that one), I can see why it would won.

Good production, high emotion, ultra crowd pleasing for old audience movie it has good chance to win. The country standing up to Nazi Germany (almost alone at one point) in the background does not hurt either.

The best middlebrown candidate like Gittes pointed out has a good chance.

But for once they when pretty much with audience favorite movie of that year (A+ cinemascore) incredible legs, 400m box office, etc... The reason audience loved it so much is mostly the same why voters did.

54 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm not going to leave the forums entirely.  However, my activity will decrease and my posts will probably be restricted to the CCT (which is more or less the only (mostly) tolerable thread on here).  I still don't want to have to listen to the ""conversations"" that make this forum insufferable, so I'll probably just never enter any other thread other than this one.

Also fuck EmpireCity.  And fuck the people who encouraged him by liking all the posts where he attacked other users.  Just because you give numbers doesn't give you excuses to be an intolerable ----.

Out of likes but glad to have you back.

• Like 1

Ugh, I knew I hadn't been seeing Dex around much anymore but I thought that was just cause I had been more absent than usual and just never ran into him in any threads. Sad to hear he actually left.

Also really glad to hear you're going to, somewhat, stick around TOG.

2 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

I think this one month ban will give EmpireCity a lesson and when he comes back he will behave more properly. Until then we have the more mellow RTH for Blockbuster movies.

Nah. Fuck him. Hopefully he gets that his bullshit isn't wanted here and doesn't come back 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

For the record this is the post I liked yesterday from EC

I have railed against Disney on here.  Called them fucking morons for not moving the Solo release date.  Chided them for how they treat the film market.  Rolled my eyes at their bullshit demands of theaters and their sky high licensing costs.  

With all that said, I am also insanely positive about them because in the last decade and especially the last 3 years they have pumped billions into theaters.  They have provided high quality product that is also extremely well reviewed.  They have had roughly 2 films in the last few years that lost money, and one of those films still made theaters a fuckload of money over what is usually a slow Memorial Day weekend.  They are the reason you see lots and lots of theaters expanding and upgrading everything from their seating to projection and other things to make the experience better.  

If anyone is seriously posting why people treat Disney, the most successful studio by a wide margin, one way and struggling bomb factories like Sony and Paramount another way you don't really deserve to be listened to.  

Apart from the last part which wasn't needed he made plenty of good points.   Just my .02

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nah. Fuck him. Hopefully he gets that his bullshit isn't wanted here and doesn't come back 

Thank you. He has been so insufferable for a long time. Seriously, tele, rth, barnack, all have been giving good tid bits about box office and Hollywood and they do it so nicely. Hell, barnack destroys futurist while never calling him anything mean.

• Like 3

I have to admit even I wanted to leave this place it would be a lot harder than I would think. Case in point I was gone for several months because of school but then once I came back this place became like crack. Not even my grades slipping stopped me from coming back here 

When I wasn't lurking and posting on BOT during class my gpa was a 98.88 (99, 97, 100 and 98 in those classes) 

Then I started to post on BOT again during certain classes and my average in those classes was 95, 91 and 90. Probably cost me in my class rank 

:sparta:

#BOTeffect 

• Like 1

Lot of good posts in here to catch up on

Tbqh the problem is the same one that's always been present, single-issue posters who flood the place with endless stanning for their franchise of choice and endless trash toward other franchises while contributing nothing of value. It feels more burdensome as the release schedule continues to trend further and further toward big brand releases every few weeks. There's no calm between the ridiculous storm, just endless storm

I appreciate so many posters here and when I'm on I try to guide certain threads toward subjects that I find interesting or funny but there's only so much you can do when there are people who have other wants

• Like 11

I have tried going to other message forums to see how it is like and all I can say its much much much worse. :ph34r:

My warning is that as silly as things get here, this place is still amazing. 

u4n5ggL.gif

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have to admit even I wanted to leave this place it would be a lot harder than I would think. Case in point I was gone for several months because of school but then once I came back this place became like crack. Not even my grades slipping stopped me from coming back here 

When I wasn't lurking and posting on BOT during class my gpa was a 98.88 (99, 97, 100 and 98 in those classes) 

Then I started to post on BOT again during certain classes and my average in those classes was 95, 91 and 90. Probably cost me in my class rank 

:sparta:

#BOTeffect 

I hopr it doesn't increase. In college first year, I become addicted to mobile and laptop. Full on addicted. 13-16 hours each day. I even forgot to eat few days.

Was always in frustrating mood. It went on for 2 sem. My grades were enough to not getting kicked out of college. Somehow, it all went ok.