Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, AJG said:

I’m still in Vegas and I saw this Ad on TV and I’m wondering... what is this? How is this happening? How is this legal?

This man has an advert running on BET and he’s trying to give away PACKETS of water!!!!

I don’t know what to say. I have never seen an advert on TV so abdurd. We don’t have stuff like this on TV in the UK. Is just anything allowed to be sold on TV here? How is this man legally allowed to do this? How does he obtain the necessary permissions to collect, package, and give away Spring Water? 

One word: America.

I wondered how the print I watched of 2001 yesterday was in such good nick, and Ive done some reading and apparently there was a batch of brand new 70mm prints made by Christopher Nolan. So technically I seen another Christopher Nolan movie. In which case, wow he's improved as a filmmaker recently.

Also explains the WB logo at the end which confused me...

Edited by Avatree

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

I wondered how the print I watched of 2001 yesterday was in such good nick, and Ive done some reading and apparently there was a batch of brand new 70mm prints made by Christopher Nolan. So technically I seen another Christopher Nolan movie. In which case, wow he's improved as a filmmaker recently.

Also explains the WB logo at the end which confused me...

Warner Bros owns MGM's back catalogue from pre May 1986 which is why all restorations of MGM films like Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz and 2001 are done by them. 

6 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

would need to maneuver through the early morning traffic to get to Mexican food and eat the two bags in the parking lot.

but why can't you just eat 1 mcmuffin like a normal person.