Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

29 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Using a show from a premium cable channel (as opposed to standard network) based upon a series of 100% adult-geared medieval-esque fantasy novels as being representative of ALL US TV is probably a poor choice.

i believe the article, which is written for an anime website, is being deliberately facetious because of the amount of people who watch one or two anime things and determine that it's mostly for perverts, so they're turning it around on American prestige television to show how stupid that sounds.

that said, i feel like i've watched enough anime to know definitively that it is for sure for perverts. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i believe the article, which is written for an anime website, is being deliberately facetious because of the amount of people who watch one or two anime things and determine that it's mostly for perverts, so they're turning it around on American prestige television to show how stupid that sounds.

that said, i feel like i've watched enough anime to know definitively that it is for sure for perverts. 

I wanted to watch an Anime about kids piloting giant mechs in order to fight aliens.

This was apparently the only way for the kids to actually pilot the things...

ab356d_29c8b96069624846ac9d6d9e1ee40901_

Darling-i-nthe-franxx.png

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

45 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Using a show from a premium cable channel (as opposed to standard network) based upon a series of 100% adult-geared medieval-esque fantasy novels as being representative of ALL US TV is probably a poor choice.

It's true that the author of the article goes a little bit too far by making GOT the embodiment of US TV, however as a fan of US TV shows I noticed these last few years a turn toward darker, more violent (and with strong display of sex/nudity) shows because it's somehow what many in the US audience seem to want.

US TV shows were more pleasant to watch before even if they were technically limited by the lack of funds.

Edited by Fullbuster

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

literally even pokemon and digimon and shit like that sneak in moments that are like "...should chris hansen take a trip to japan to visit these guys?"

Sneak in? There was an entire episode of Pokemon that had Misty, a 14-year old girl, entering a bikini contest.

1 hour ago, PANDA said:

If you feel like you have to tear down another show to defend your own, the show you’re defending probably wasn’t that good (as it wasn’t able to stand on its own merits).

Well said but Walking Dead sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To quote Rosa Diaz: “I have only had them for seven hours but if anything happens to them, I will kill everyone in this room and then myself.”

They don’t have names yet. I am trying to get a sense of their personalities first before I bestow upon them the most geeky names ever. 

ETA: Aww! It isn’t showing the videos. Here is a better pic pic:

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

To quote Rosa Diaz: “I have only had them for seven hours but if anything happens to them, I will kill everyone in this room and then myself.”

They don’t have names yet. I am trying to get a sense of their personalities first before I bestow upon them the most geeky names ever. 

ETA: Aww! It isn’t showing the videos. Here is a better pic pic:

wario and waluigi

• Haha 1