Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:gold: 

Roger Ebert had The Stanton-Walsh Rule, where no movie that had either Harry Dean Stanton or M. Emmett Walsh could be altogether bad. The reverse of that rule would definitely have Corden in there. Who else would apply?

Edited by CoolEric258
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Roger Ebert had The Stanton-Walsh Rule, where no movie that had either Harry Dean Stanton or M. Emmett Walsh could be altogether bad. The reverse of that rule would definitely have Corden in there. Who else would apply?

adam devine. any of the workaholics actually. btw mark kermode jokes about a "but..." credit instead of an "and" credit for this. adam devine definitely gets a "but" credit.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

also james corden is kinda fun in ocean's 8. decent in into the woods. idk, he does that try hard theatre kid persona on his show that's annoying (btw this is a total switch of his star persona in the UK a decade ago, fascinating how he's rebranded himself when he moved overseas) but i don't think he's the worst actor.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

also james corden is kinda fun in ocean's 8. decent in into the woods. idk, he does that try hard theatre kid persona on his show that's annoying (btw this is a total switch of his star persona in the UK a decade ago, fascinating how he's rebranded himself when he moved overseas) but i don't think he's the worst actor.

Whoever said Corden plays a better version of Hillary Swank in Logan Lucky was spot on with that.

52 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

When he appears in Ocean's 8, the film really lost all of its momentum. He felt super shoved in, like the filmmakers were afraid the movie was too short and it needed one more threat before it ended. He's also the weakest out of all of the ensemble of Into the Woods.

Still, his whole aura just comes off as douchey and annoying. Put any other actor in his work, and 9 times out of 9 it would be better. He's still better than Kimmel though. His face is the most punchable I've seen in a celebrity in a long time.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

adam devine. any of the workaholics actually. btw mark kermode jokes about a "but..." credit instead of an "and" credit for this. adam devine definitely gets a "but" credit.

I don’t mind Anders Holm much although I guess it helps that he’s never graduated beyond boring supporting roles like DeVine did even for just a brief period. That third guy is a total “who?” in my books.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don’t mind Anders Holm much although I guess it helps that he’s never graduated beyond boring supporting roles like DeVine did even for just a brief period. That third guy is a total “who?” in my books.

i noticed in an interview that he refers to himself as "Ders" which is pretty much a war crime so he stays in my bad books no matter what. i hadn't been that mad since i found out topher grace's name was christopher. just be Chris Grace you toxic asshole.