Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, PANDA said:

I hate filing complaints, but the people that moved into the apartment right above mine are obnoxious.

I hear their entire fucking two step party they throw every night, I’m sick of it.  They could at least play good music, but they’re playing two stepping top 40 country trash while shouting yeehaw and other maga trash.  

Have you walked upstairs and introduced yourself and mentioned how thin the ceilings are, and that you can hear every step they take, so if they could avoid dancing/stomping between 11pm and 7am, you'd greatly appreciate it?  They may have no idea of the noise they are making, b/c most people don't until someone tells them (since in houses, you don't have that kinda noise...so if it's their 1st apartment, they may think it's just like a house)...

PS - It's always better to try to be the good neighbor 1st before going the complaint route...neighbors can literally save your butt at some point...and you won't know that point til it happens...so, no sense alienating any if it's at all avoidable:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wow, Ethan would be right at home there :hahaha: 

I haven’t put much thought into what happens if I get loud neighbors in my apartment. Hopefully they aren’t too loud.

I should have specifically asked for a third, I mentioned it when I signed my lease but didn’t pay much attention when they gave me a second floor.

If you get an option, go for the top floor.  It’s a little bit more of a hike and a bit more of a pain to move in, but you’ll never have to hear the constant drum of loud feet and music coming from above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Have you walked upstairs and introduced yourself and mentioned how thin the ceilings are, and that you can hear every step they take, so if they could avoid dancing/stomping between 11pm and 7am, you'd greatly appreciate it?  They may have no idea of the noise they are making, b/c most people don't until someone tells them (since in houses, you don't have that kinda noise...so if it's their 1st apartment, they may think it's just like a house)...

PS - It's always better to try to be the good neighbor 1st before going the complaint route...neighbors can literally save your butt at some point...and you won't know that point til it happens...so, no sense alienating any if it's at all avoidable:)...

I’m not sure how they’d end up saving my butt, I only have a semester left and have never actually met them.

10 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I’m not sure how they’d end up saving my butt, I only have a semester left and have never actually met them.

If you lose your keys, lock yourself out, etc...

When I moved in to where I am now, I hadn't met my neighbor much yet, but we were pleasant.  Fast forward to me having 2 little kids in a camp program and a baby while my spouse was out of town.  I walk out my front door with the baby in the car seat and something jingling in my pocket (so I think it's my keys) and shut/lock the door.  Then, I figure out I have a rattle, not keys.  And I also somehow left my purse inside, so no phone or wallet, either.  I'm the only one who was allowed to pick up my kids, and I had no way to get there, no way back in my house, no money, and no phone...and 15 minutes to do it...

Needless to say, I went over to my neighbor, who offered to give me her van and keys (she even had appropriate child seats b/c she had a home daycare for 2-3 kids), took my baby to watch (b/c there was still no way to transport him), and told me we'd figure out the rest when I got back.  I pick up my kids, apologizing that dinner might not happen (b/c dad was coming home at midnight, and I had no money/house/family around and the car wasn't mine anyway), get back, and find out that my neighbor had her kids working on breaking into my house...and they had found that by using a ladder, they could get to my 2nd floor deck, where I had left my back door unlocked (this deck has no staircase down, so it took that).  To say, my entire day was saved, and really, my neighbor is now my neighbor for life, is not an understatement.  That family saved mine that day...and my spouse, who gives no one keys to our place b/c he's paranoid about safety, gave them a key to our house the next day...and they are still the only ones with extra keys.  Neither of us have moved in 11 years, and I hope we never do.  And when their dog occasionally poops on our yard, and we have to clean it up, I tell my spouse that if that's the worst thing our neighbor does, I could live with them forever.

PS - They have also saved us a $7K HVAC bill...and we saved them an $11K legal bill over the years, so the 1st incident was the start of a "beautiful relationship":)...their kids also become my kids' sitters, b/c again, my spouse was convinced they were awesome in just one incident:)...So, never discount the things a neighbor might do for you...you just never know...

Edited by TwoMisfits

29 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I should have specifically asked for a third, I mentioned it when I signed my lease but didn’t pay much attention when they gave me a second floor.

If you get an option, go for the top floor.  It’s a little bit more of a hike and a bit more of a pain to move in, but you’ll never have to hear the constant drum of loud feet and music coming from above.

I won't know what my apartment number is for another couple weeks (my mom just called and they said I'll know two weeks before I move). I signed the last available apartment in the complex for the spring, so I'm basically getting whatever they give me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Youtube Rewind on track to be the most disliked youtube video ever.

Warranted or not? 

Warranted.

The video represents the corporate part of YouTube in which the stereptypical creators are awarded while the ones who help prove the seemingly supported notion that 'anyone can make it on YouTube' are left out. It's like if high school jocks overtook a land of himble misfits in an imperialistic manner. It's disappointing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Warranted.

The video represents the corporate part of YouTube in which the stereptypical creators are awarded while the ones who help prove the seemingly supported notion that 'anyone can make it on YouTube' are left out. It's like if high school jocks overtook a land of humble misfits in an imperialistic manner. It's disappointing.

Dang, slambros, that's the most creative slam I've read in awhile...and it's more amusing b/c you're always so upbeat about most things:).  That video must be a disaster!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Warranted.

The video represents the corporate part of YouTube in which the stereptypical creators are awarded while the ones who help prove the seemingly supported notion that 'anyone can make it on YouTube' are left out. It's like if high school jocks overtook a land of himble misfits in an imperialistic manner. It's disappointing.

yeah the huge 'progressive circle jerk' around the campfire was horrible.

Not because it talked about progressive issues, it just came off soooo fake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Lol I see the Episode 9 thread was locked. Make Star Wars and comic book movie threads pleasant to enter again!

yeah we have been talking about that.  Maybe the tide is finally turning :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Lol I see the Episode 9 thread was locked. Make Star Wars and comic book movie threads pleasant to enter again!

I made a franchise thread with one rule, no negative comments allowed.  You’re only allowed to discuss the merits of them.

• Like 1