Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Without knowing who (and how many people) told her that (her agents ? an agent ? a co-star ? a financier ? an executive ? a producer ?) it make the headline a bit click baity.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

For anyone interested in writing or is a writer with some time on their hands, there is still time to join CAYOM and submit some films, as the deadline closes Monday, September 23rd:

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

After a two and a half year run as a worldwide laughingstock of politics, the US is proud to hand the crown over for a special fall season engagement by the United Kingdom, the new champion of failing democracies!

The bigger question is :

are democracies a good idea in the first place ?

Tocqueville explained it quite well how the premise was a mistake.

We will see who manufactures phones for who at the end of the 21st century I guess

Politicians whoring for votes to stay in office is one of the most embarassing, sad and pathetic shit show I can think of.

Edited by The Futurist

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The bigger question is :

are democracies a good idea in the first place ?

Tocqueville explained it quite well how the premise was a mistake.

We will see who manufactures phones for who at the end of the 21st century I guess

Politicians whoring for votes to stay in office is one of the most embarassing, sad and pathetic shit show I can think of.

man why are you like this?

51 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

After a two and a half year run as a worldwide laughingstock of politics, the US is proud to hand the crown over for a special fall season engagement by the United Kingdom, the new champion of failing democracies!

A snap election for the UK would be pretty good for democracy though.

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

A snap election for the UK would be pretty good for democracy though.

Not sure I agree here. Johnson has consolidated the anti-Brexit vote, and Labour is extremely unpopular and would split the Remain vote with the Lib Dems. I have supported Labour and Corbyn big time in the past (for it not being my country), but at this point I think the guy is toast and needs to resign. Otherwise, they will get their ass kicked.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Not sure I agree here. Johnson has consolidated the anti-Brexit vote, and Labour is extremely unpopular and would split the Remain vote with the Lib Dems. I have supported Labour and Corbyn big time in the past (for it not being my country), but at this point I think the guy is toast and needs to resign. Otherwise, they will get their ass kicked.

Corbyn needs to resign?

I mean I'm not his biggest fan.