Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Foot update:  I am finally getting used to the cast, but that doesn’t mean I like it.  The pain seems to be getting better.  I have to take tramadol in the afternoon and at night, but that works now instead of taking the much stronger dilauded.  That is a good thing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Alli said:

god, that pic!!!  we are in the era of the ugly male movie star. RPatts, Chamalet....where are the brad pitts, johnny depps???

1. they are not old enough to compare, not sure if all remember both older ones out of their oung times?

2. I never found any of those 4 appealing, no matter their ages.

3. the interpretation of beauty is in the eye of the beholder

4. and Zeitgeist (see

The Gallery of Beauties (German: Schönheitengalerie) is a collection of 36 portraits of the most beautiful women from the nobility and middle classes of Munich, Germany, painted between 1827 and 1850 (mostly by Joseph Karl Stieler, appointed court painter in 1820) and gathered by Ludwig I of Bavaria in the south pavilion of his Nymphenburg Palace in Munich

). I think none of them would be considered in the same way today.

I always prefered and still prefer inside over outside... but if outside.... then the more rough = not so sleek whatever all those men(-babies).  E.g. Pitt in Thelma and Louise? Looked to me more like a ~ teen than a 'man', same counts for Depp.

;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Was BOT this quiet this time last year? Not that I'm surprised in the least but man is it ever slow.

It's the dog days of summer. It's always slow around this time of year since there's not much to talk about (no movies making a ton of money and the only things going on in the industry are the festivals). Luckily fall and holiday movie season followed by awards season is coming up.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's the dog days of summer. It's always slow around this time of year since there's not much to talk about (no movies making a ton of money and the only things going on in the industry are the festivals). Luckily fall and holiday movie season followed by awards season is coming up.

Oh I realize that, but was it THIS slow this time last year? It just seems especially slow is all I'm getting at. It's quite stark. And again, I'm not surprised necessarily. 

Just dawning on me that maybe why it feels like this is I myself am not as busy as I was this time last year so I've been around the boards more, which is probably why it seems that way.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Oh I realize that, but was it THIS slow this time last year? It just seems especially slow is all I'm getting at. It's quite stark. And again, I'm not surprised necessarily. 

Just dawning on me that maybe why it feels like this is I myself am not as busy as I was this time last year so I've been around the boards more, which is probably why it seems that way.

I think things were also pretty slow in 2016 around this time of year.

Of course back then the only way forum members could communicate was on the forum...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's been...really tame so far. Might get worse later just intermittent heavy rain and wind. Sorta disappointing after all this hysteria the past few days. Although it's now expected to get a bit worse later on.

Such a stupid thing but just found out a day or two ago that the check in option in Facebook app stopped working.  Doesn't even seem to try to work.  I tyoe something and just nothing.  I refresh to try to get nearby places and it just spins. 

Love when things don't work even when it's something so insignificant 

• Like 1