Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

i work at a tutor center where I have set meetings for students to meet me, and if they don't come, I have to wait until our allotted time is up for me to leave or do anything else

I had three meetings today and no one came

I was joking :) Yeah I know the feeling.  I work in a call centre and if no one calls, I have no work to do. So I go on forums when theres no work to do. Sometimes it's 30 second breaks sometimes 10 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I know how you feel, Sayorsay. I know how you feel.

I feel her pain. Going through school with my first name was one of the worst experiences. Thankfully, I go by my middle name, but teachers calling out my first name always made roll call a pain in the ass.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I feel her pain. Going through school with my first name was one of the worst experiences. Thankfully, I go by my middle name, but teachers calling out my first name always made roll call a pain in the ass.

My first name should be common sense, but no. My last name, yeesh. Feel bad for my brother though. His name is "Jajuan", but he's gotten all kinds of ridiculous things. "Jay-juan", "Ja-ron", "Jeh-juan", "Jaj-u-an" lmao. Who the hell would name their kid "Jaj-u-an" outside of Star Wars?

• Like 1

Just now, Jandrew said:

My first name should be common sense, but no. My last name, yeesh. Feel bad for my brother though. His name is "Jajuan", but he's gotten all kinds of ridiculous things. "Jay-juan", "Ja-ron", "Jeh-juan", "Jaj-u-an" lmao. Who the hell would name their kid "Jaj-u-an" outside of Star Wars?

Your first (and last) names don't seem like they would be bad. Admittedly, as a gringo white boy, I'm not sure how to pronounce your brother's name. :ph34r: 

4 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Well U of Illinois is probably off my list. Graduate teachers are striking and classes being cancelled, and apparently they've had this strike/threat of strike problem before recently. This is too big of an investment to move halfway across the country then have classes cancelled for a picket, even if the strikers have a valid point. Need more stability, and their sports suck.

@Blank Panther you live in Illinois, do you know anything about the strike in Chambana?

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

Your first (and last) names don't seem like they would be bad. Admittedly, as a gringo white boy, I'm not sure how to pronounce your brother's name. :ph34r: 

My first name is spelled wrong more than it is right. Growing up I had teachers who were still spelling it wrong in March. School started in August.

My last night, wow lol. You don't understand how much my last name has been butchered. In pronunciation, on paper, on trophies, certificates, name tags, mail, everything. Remove the P and replace it with a T - I've gottenn both physical mail and an email that way. Not even kidding lol.

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

My first name is spelled wrong more than it is right. Growing up I had teachers who were still spelling it wrong in March. School started in August.

My last night, wow lol. You don't understand how much my last name has been butchered. In pronunciation, on paper, on trophies, certificates, name tags, mail, everything. Remove the P and replace it with a T - I've gottenn both physical mail and an email that way. Not even kidding lol.

LMAO

Okay, typed and spelled, I get it. Your first name is definitely an alt spelling that's not as common. I get it. But your last name is spelled (and sounds) exactly like it should be. Peeps just aren't paying attention, I guess. Haha