Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

yeah but i stick by that i would've DEFINITELY preferred to be have been rejected when asking her out; not when I wake up the next day

I see your point though. I should've been more upfront in November when I tried the first time like I did this time because that would've saved a lot of trouble

Wouldn't we all? Obviously I haven't experienced an acceptance then rejection before a planned date, but things happen for a reason. Would you have rather gone on a date where she's not really into it?

As for asking her out earlier, getting it out of the way ASAP is typically the best option. You need to know if you connect of course, but act fast. What if another guy was crushing on a girl you liked and asked her out? It would feel pretty shitty to know that you might have gotten a date with her if you acted a few days earlier. When life gives you an opportunity, go for it.

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I'm less than 10 minutes into The Shape of Water and it's already way too drunk on itself.

Just wait for the Michael Shannon antics to pick up.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

yeah but i stick by that i would've DEFINITELY preferred to be have been rejected when asking her out; not when I wake up the next day

I see your point though. I should've been more upfront in November when I tried the first time like I did this time because that would've saved a lot of trouble

Based on everything I read in your comments, I would say its over with this girl. Trust me, I speak from experience. It would be a waste of your time trying to pursue her any further since she is clearly not interested in being "more than friends". Relax, take a deep breath and continue on with life, other girls will come along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Based on everything I read in your comments, I would say its over with this girl. Trust me, I speak from experience. It would be a waste of your time trying to pursue her any further since she is clearly not interested in being "more than friends". Relax, take a deep breath and continue on with life, other girls will come along.

I'm not going to pursue her anymore. As I said in my first comment today, the ball's in her court entirely and I highly doubt she'll do anything with it. It's fine, at least I asked, and now I gotta move on; and I'm sure that'll happen, probably after I get some sleep

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wouldn't we all? Obviously I haven't experienced an acceptance then rejection before a planned date, but things happen for a reason. Would you have rather gone on a date where she's not really into it?

As for asking her out earlier, getting it out of the way ASAP is typically the best option. You need to know if you connect of course, but act fast. What if another guy was crushing on a girl you liked and asked her out? It would feel pretty shitty to know that you might have gotten a date with her if you acted a few days earlier. When life gives you an opportunity, go for it.

Fair. Tbh, thinking about it, every one of the single dates I've been on, there's only been one person really into the other (the ones where I knew them personally, me; the ones where it was a dating app, then). I keep posting this, and it's literally just that she said yes and then no that I feel hurt right now. If she said no yesterday, I guarantee you I wouldn't be so bummed about it because I legit was mentally prepared for a no from her then.

As for your latter point, if you remember correctly, I thought she was on a date with another guy the whole time when it started. That's why I didn't ask immediately lol. Again, it doesn't matter, it's time to move on.

• Like 1

Just now, ddddeeee said:

Anyone want to recommend a movie I won't have seen?

I've been snowed in my apartment for three days and I'm at tipping point.

Chicago 10, a very interesting documentary from 2006. IDK anyone here who's seen it besides me, and it's really great

if you can't find that, Weiner-Dog from a couple years ago is pretty good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ddddeeee said:

Anyone want to recommend a movie I won't have seen?

I've been snowed in my apartment for three days and I'm at tipping point.

Uh....

Paterson

Cameraperson

Black Sea

My Favorite Year

Eyes Without a Face

Turbo Kid

We Are the Best!

Dunken Angel

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

Fair. Tbh, thinking about it, every one of the single dates I've been on, there's only been one person really into the other (the ones where I knew them personally, me; the ones where it was a dating app, then). I keep posting this, and it's literally just that she said yes and then no that I feel hurt right now. If she said no yesterday, I guarantee you I wouldn't be so bummed about it because I legit was mentally prepared for a no from her then.

(you're over-thinking this) :) 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just wait for the Michael Shannon antics to pick up.

The pissing scene is the good kind of WTF, especially in a prestige movie, but the "God looks like me" bit and his All-American Beautiful White Family knocked me right back, del Toro is laying all this shit on ridiculously thick. 

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The pissing scene is the good kind of WTF, especially in a prestige movie, but the "God looks like me" bit and his All-American Beautiful White Family knocked me right back, del Toro is laying all this shit on ridiculously thick. 

You'll get more stuff like the former and less of the other stuff as the movie goes along.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

As for your latter point, if you remember correctly, I thought she was on a date with another guy the whole time when it started. That's why I didn't ask immediately lol. Again, it doesn't matter, it's time to move on.

From the girl perspective...she probably said yes b/c she didn't want to lose a friend, and no's can have that immediate "shock hurt" thing...then, after thinking it over and/or talking to her other friends, she probably thought it would be worse for your friendship to go on the date and then tell you she wasn't interested in you afterwards...

It was crappy to do, but it probably means she 1. is just as insecure and unsure (see, girls don't always have it figured out either) and 2. didn't want to lose you as a friend...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1