Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Strangers on a Train was also great. Loved Robert Walker in it.

It was the first time I've seen him in a movie which lead to me finding out he died at 32. Bit of a bummer. Gonna have to check out some more of his stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Strangers on a Train was also great. Loved Robert Walker in it.

It was the first time I've seen him in a movie which lead to me finding out he died at 32. Bit of a bummer. Gonna have to check out some more of his stuff.

I really recommend The Clock. It's sorta like Before Sunrise with added wartime anxiety and he couldn't be more different in it. Plus Vincente Minnelli and Judy Garland are two more amazingly talented people for you to get acquainted with. 

I still chuckle at how the ending of Strangers on a Train turns into a goddamn Final Destination disaster with Hitchcock giving no fucks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Coming soon to Netflix: Lily James (:wub:) in a movie called...Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. :winomg:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-acquires-lily-james-drama-guernsey-literary-potato-peel-pie-society-1093789

NuDaario?

Would have hard passed if not for Lily James

Just now, tribefan695 said:

Accidentally hooked on to another apartment tenant's Bluetooth speakers. They'll go through life forever wondering why their speaker suddenly played CHVRCHES very softly then very loudly. 

what do you think of the music they've been putting out for the new album so far? not into it like i was the singles for the first two records. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It's better than Annihilation tbh

i've watched four episodes and i like it a little more than the first season so far! it only took me this long because i felt like everyone was so down on it but it's really good unless it all goes to shit later.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

what do you think of the music they've been putting out for the new album so far? not into it like i was the singles for the first two records. 

My Enemy's pretty forgettable. Still like Get Out though.

(*The song, not the movie. Curse them for giving me a cognitive dissonance.) 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i've watched four episodes and i like it a little more than the first season so far! it only took me this long because i felt like everyone was so down on it but it's really good unless it all goes to shit later.

It took a while to get going for me, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't invested in the second half.

i pre-ordered those first two albums but this one i'm gonna have to at least give a preliminary spotify listen before i decide if i want to buy it. 

even so i loved the new young fathers album so at least there's one great Scottish record this year!