Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just pulled an all-nighter writing two reviews I was assigned this week. I'm way too much of a night owl but I still can't help it years and years later. You'd think I'd wanna be less like Tommy Wiseau after reading that he would go to bed at 7 am and get up at 3 or 4 pm, but even that isn't stopping me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Just pulled an all-nighter writing two reviews I was assigned this week. I'm way too much of a night owl but I still can't help it years and years later. You'd think I'd wanna be less like Tommy Wiseau after reading that he would go to bed at 7 am and get up at 3 or 4 pm, but even that isn't stopping me.

Could be worse.  You could be me and sleep at 6:30 in the evening and wake up at 11:30 at night and can’t go back to sleep because I just got 5 hours of sleep and I don’t wanna completely waste my Friday night

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Could be worse.  You could be me and sleep at 6:30 in the evening and wake up at 11:30 at night and can’t go back to sleep because I just got 5 hours of sleep and I don’t wanna completely waste my Friday night

I had that for about 7-10 days over New Year's. Felt like my body shut down immediately after a full year of work in a way that demanded sleep for about 5-6 hours twice a day, once in the evening and then in the early morning. 

Anyway, binge a show or something. Stick it out till Saturday evening, then get a good night's sleep.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I had the same thing. So, I forced slept upto 5:00 AM. That was a 13 hours sleep but my routine was normal again.

Has any of you ever stumbled upon a text/video that looks at something in detail and does so in a brilliant and funny way, showing lots of things where you can only say "that absolutely nails it" or "I never even thought about it like that", only for it to turn around and be utterly hairbrained on a specific matter to the point that even a toddler could point out the flaw in logic?

I mean, it is truly impressive to find something that works so well for one part, connects all the dots in a logical matter, yet stumbles over something that literally spelled out the opposite of what was claimed. As if the authors brain suddenly vanished when that point came up. It just feels so weird, because it makes you wonder how someone who makes so much sense on an in-depth look at something somehow fails to grasp the easiest concept just a short time later.