Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

28 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Now that I'm more or less done my first year... I've got a stats exam and english left but that's it, I'm just getting more and more stressed out about what to take next year.

I feel like I should have decided my now. Crunch time. But I really don't know. The more I think about it the more I'm unsure about sciences, I've kind of decided not to do and Earth and Ocean Science degree even though there's still a few courses in that program I can, and probably will, take as elective credits because they look interesting. I've been looking at biology recently, as it's also interested me, and all the maths all work out, but I kind of want to do a minor in anthropology, if not eventually make that my major.

I just have no idea, and at this point it's guranteed I'm going to need 5 years to complete my degree. And if I don't decide soon it could be 6:whosad:

Don't stress about taking 5 years to complete your degree. It's incredibly common for students not to complete their degree in four years, especially if they branch out and take minors. I don't know how diverse your school's offerings are, but explore as much as you can. If you're undecided when entering a university, that's ok! Learn by trial and error.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJG said:

So I’m watching this anime movie in Netflix called “A Silent Voice” about a little deaf girl that goes to regular school and gets bullied.

Im 15 minutes in. I’m heartbroken. I’m angry. I’m devastated. I want vengeance. I want justice. This is an outrage. This is wrong. This is sick. 

Edit: Justice has been served. God is almighty.

This movie came so close to making me feel.  But I feel nothing but the bitter and vomit inducing taste of crushing disappointment. The whole thing comes undone due to time being relegated to the most ill thought out cast of supporting players in recent history, there’s a Tyler Perry-esque evil girl, and the fat best friend who in my opinion is the worst character to have ever existed in anything (he worse than the TJ Miller narrator in Cloverfield), the other characters are too underdeveloped. 

I am so fucking upset because these people were so fucking close to greatness but alas all I am left with is a 7/10 movie. I could’ve been asleep but those hours have been stolen from me by a 7/10... that might be the greatest insult of them all.

33 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Now that I'm more or less done my first year... I've got a stats exam and english left but that's it, I'm just getting more and more stressed out about what to take next year.

I feel like I should have decided my now. Crunch time. But I really don't know. The more I think about it the more I'm unsure about sciences, I've kind of decided not to do and Earth and Ocean Science degree even though there's still a few courses in that program I can, and probably will, take as elective credits because they look interesting. I've been looking at biology recently, as it's also interested me, and all the maths all work out, but I kind of want to do a minor in anthropology, if not eventually make that my major.

I just have no idea, and at this point it's guranteed I'm going to need 5 years to complete my degree. And if I don't decide soon it could be 6:whosad:

It took me four years to get an AS in Network Infrastructure, mainly because I had no idea how the college system worked / some classes weren't available / I did some cool minors like geology, statistics, and theater / I kept failing math. It sounds like you want to learn everything, which is great, and is a lot better than "I have no idea what I'm doing and thought I'd be done by now."

• Thanks 1

Wow, so my last ex is dating a Trumper.  And not just any Trump supporter, this guy is a #BuildTheWall Maga hat trumper, who also wants DC to release the Snyder cut of Justice League. (She’s also Hispanic so I don’t get how you date somebody who wants to deport you, but that’s just me)

What does that say about me if she looks for a certain type? Yikes. 

Im just going to assume this is a case where you go for the opposite of whatever your ex was.

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Wow, so my last ex is dating a Trumper.  And not just any Trump supporter, this guy is a #BuildTheWall Maga hat trumper, who also wants DC to release the Snyder cut of Justice League. (She’s also Hispanic so I don’t get how you date somebody who wants to deport you, but that’s just me)

Im just going to assume this is a case where you go for the opposite of whatever your ex was.

Makes sense. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

She's trying to make you jealous

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

She needs to take the advice of @WrathOfHan's lady and learn to love herself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

She's trying to make you jealous

This white boy straight up follows every member of the Trump family and Ben Shapiro.  I don’t think I can be jealous of a white supremacist, if anything I feel shame because I dated somebody who is now dating a white supremacist.  Yikes.

• ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Sounds similar to the guy I was talking about earlier :jeb!: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You gotta step up your MRA game, Han.

Girls these days want a white blonde boy with sleeked back hair who raise their tiki torches while shouting either “Build the Wall” or “Release the Snyder cuts!”

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Girls these days want a white blonde boy with sleeked back hair who raise their tiki torches while shouting either “Build the Wall” or “Release the Snyder cuts!”

I don't have or want any of those :kitschjob: 

Good thing I'll be working toward some gains :sparta: 

• ...wtf 1