Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Real talk time, @Trolltastic Tele.  I haven't had the time to really have been studying the Dodgers, so I thought I would ask you.  Just what the fuck is up with them?

(And I mean this in an absolutely non-trolly way, BTW, as I really want to know what's up with them)

Is it just World Series Hangover?  Missing Justin Turner?  Pitching hacking up furballs?  I personally would have thought that would have had the depth to cover Turner's absence, so I can't imagine it's that.

Or is it just small sample size gremlins at work, and they'll be back to their dominating ways in no time at all?  

I mean, it's almost certainly that, but I was just wondering if there was anything specific going on in this small sample of games.

Simple, my dear Porthos. The Dodgers are BAD @MrPink

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Real talk time, @Trolltastic Tele.  I haven't had the time to really have been studying the Dodgers, so I thought I would ask you.  Just what the fuck is up with them?

(And I mean this in an absolutely non-trolly way, BTW, as I really want to know what's up with them)

Is it just World Series Hangover?  Missing Justin Turner?  Pitching hacking up furballs?  I personally would have thought that would have had the depth to cover Turner's absence, so I can't imagine it's that.

Or is it just small sample size gremlins at work, and they'll be back to their dominating ways in no time at all?  

I mean, it's almost certainly that, but I was just wondering if there was anything specific going on in this small sample of games.

Just a slow start. Dead offense, some bad luck. They miss Turner for sure, but Seager and Bellinger haven’t gotten too hot yet, and Puig’s been unlucky (lousy BABIP).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Rewatched The Last Jedi. I lol'd thinking about the guy in my class and how he said Rey never gets damaged. Motherfucker, there's a big ass wound on her shoulder in the throne room fight!

Did he rant about the continuity error in the throne room fight where one of the Red Boys suddenly goes from dual wielding to missing one of his daggers that he otherwise would have been able to shiv Rey in the back with?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Did he rant about the continuity error in the throne room fight where one of the Red Boys suddenly goes from dual wielding to missing one of his daggers that he otherwise would have been able to shiv Rey in the back with?

If he had more time, it's possible he would have!

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

It would've devolved into this eventually, like all conversations with Star Wars fans about The Last Jedi.

DYwj1XHW4AAPC1e.jpg

I feel like Han's conversations and meditations generally result in

aEx8Nex_700b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Rewatched The Last Jedi. I lol'd thinking about the guy in my class and how he said Rey never gets damaged. Motherfucker, there's a big ass wound on her shoulder in the throne room fight!

"Lightsaber fighting should only be done by a man! Women have no business even holding one!" 

- Something I'm guessing the idiot probably said.

• Haha 1

BTW I think a movie based on @WrathOfHan would be a game-changer in Hollywood. All these movies about teenage boys are either coming out dramas or sex comedies. There hasn't been one about a boy with a Gollum-like obsession with his movie collection who sits around complaining about his life online almost 24/7. So leave Han alone!

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

BTW I think a movie based on @WrathOfHan would be a game-changer in Hollywood. All these movies about teenage boys are either coming out dramas or sex comedies. There hasn't been one about a boy with a Gollum-like obsession with his movie collection who sits around complaining about his life online almost 24/7. So leave Han alone!

Timothee better play me. <_<