Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, 75Live said:

yeah that was bush league but then again the fake tough guy stuff they are doing is too :P 

Eh they know it's what they gotta do to hang, I'm not mad about it. Good test for the younguns

25 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm in college right now. When I transfer to a university, I'll call it college, but too many people in here get confused 

College is college. Life is college, you're just playing in the sand.

2 hours ago, Trease is the Word said:

Sometimes I wish I could cook. Then I remember that I save like an hour each day by not eating properly. 

It's not that hard. The bruschetta I made could be done in 10 minutes. The better you take care of yourself while you're younger, the less issues you'll have when you're older. You said in the Deadpool thread you go to the movies 3x a week. That's like, 6 hours you can save on that front.

29 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Sixers with a big win after that stupid game 2 loss.

@Chewy @4815162342

Work's been very quiet today.  I've spent most of the morning watching the NBA play-offs on my phone.

In the NBL here I support the Illawarra Hawks.  When I was younger I used to go quite often to games at the old Snakepit with a number of friends.  The Snakepit opened in 1965 and could pack in just over 2000 people (the Hawks have now moved to the 6000 seat Wollongong Entertainment Centre).  There was a kind of bench right behind where the Away team sat and that's where we would often sit as we only had general admission tickets (or sometimes we would just sneak in).  I can't be sure but it's quite likely we sat behind Brett Brown on one occasion.

Anyway, that's my Brett Brown story.

This Jersey Shore reunion is perfect. The cast has not missed a beat and it's what you hope for when it comes to a nostalgia revival. Don't remember the last time I've laugh this much at a reality show. :lol: Also it's 3 episodes in and Ron has still not gone 2 minutes without bringing up Sam.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

This Jersey Shore reunion is perfect. The cast has not missed a beat and it's what you hope for when it comes to a nostalgia revival. Don't remember the last time I've laugh this much at a reality show. :lol: Also it's 3 episodes in and Ron has still not gone 2 minutes without bringing up Sam.

Yeah I’ll admit I’m enjoying it. Though I don’t want to get all La Binoche but Snooki and JWoww’s plastic surgery looks really bad

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Recipe pls

I used:

- 3 tomatoes

- Parmesan cheese

- olive oil

- basil (the Mccormick basil grinder kind)

- garlic clove

- just a literal sprinkle of onion

- red wine vinegar

- smidge of salt and black pepper

Chopped up the tomatoes and garlic real fine, threw them in a bowl, added the other ingredients and kept stirring and draining excess water. And I used Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread and just toasted that in a toaster oven for like 5 minutes. That's it. I didn't measure everything in units, just tried not to go overboard, mainly on the olive oil and vinegar. I used like 2 1/2 caps of oil and vinegar (yes caps, not cups). Felt like I was sprinkling the parmesan into a bottomless pit though lol, but it was delicious.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah I’ll admit I’m enjoying it. Though I don’t want to get all La Binoche but Snooki and JWoww’s plastic surgery looks really bad

Yeah like most plastic surgery instances, they didn't really need it. Glad they still have their personalities though. Was seriously afraid this reunion would be lame because they're married, have kids, booed up, and all over 30, but no, have to give MTV props here. Snooki wrestling the Sam doll had me on the floor. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I used:

- 3 tomatoes

- Parmesan cheese

- olive oil

- garlic clove

- red wine vinegar

Chopped up the tomatoes and garlic real fine, threw them in a bowl, added the other ingredients and kept stirring and draining excess water. And I used Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bread and just toasted that in a toaster oven for like 5 minutes. That's it. I didn't measure everything in units, just tried not to go overboard, mainly on the olive oil and vinegar. I used like 2 1/2 caps of oil and vinegar (yes caps, not cups). Felt like I was sprinkling the parmesan into a bottomless pit though lol, but it was delicious.

Thanks! May try it this weekend.

• Like 1

I'm going to Vancouver tomorrow morning and this afternoon I was getting all my shit together and realized I didn't have my wallet. Turned the house upside down looking for it. I got over 100 bucks cash, debit/credit cards, drivers lisence, staff movie cards, 50 bucks in visa gift cards, a compass card for Vancouver transit, social insurance card, care card.

Im so fucked I'm panicking rn. However, for some reason I kept my old debit card on a table next to my bed, and I was able to use the number on it to log onto my online banking and it shows no transactions on any of my accounts so that's a relief. But where the hell is it??? 

@Ethan Hunt by the way still haven't found it

49 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm going to Vancouver tomorrow morning and this afternoon I was getting all my shit together and realized I didn't have my wallet. Turned the house upside down looking for it. I got over 100 bucks cash, debit/credit cards, drivers lisence, staff movie cards, 50 bucks in visa gift cards, a compass card for Vancouver transit, social insurance card, care card.

Im so fucked I'm panicking rn. However, for some reason I kept my old debit card on a table next to my bed, and I was able to use the number on it to log onto my online banking and it shows no transactions on any of my accounts so that's a relief. But where the hell is it??? 

@Ethan Hunt by the way still haven't found it

I hate when that happens 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jandrew said:

I used:

- 3 tomatoes

- Parmesan cheese

- olive oil

- garlic clove

- red wine vinegar

You forgot the Vegemite.