Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Since yall are talking about albums: you need to get on Sremm Life 3. I'll say it loud and clear: Rae Sremmurd/Swae/Jimmy are better than Migos, especially the new caricatured/frat house Migos.

Rae Sremmurd has made consistent hit after hit for the last few years and they've also started diversifying their sound ie. Guatemala, which is something you don't see many artists do these days. They've also been putting more substance into their songs and their raps and vocals are actually telling a story, especially compared to Migos, who just say any randomness and put woo woo ad libs over it.

Get on Sremm Life 3, get on Swae and Jimmy period. They are definitely one of most the underrated acts out there, eventhough they had a #1 (which still hasn't gotten old). Bedtime Stories is my new jam on repeat. Get on it.

I will not stand by this Migos diss.

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Okay @WrathOfHan It's not bad but it would be infinitely better if you cut the album in half. Keep the good shit (Sad & Rich, Psycho, Candy Paint) and get rid of the boring 

Oh yeah, the album is way too long.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Btw, I just watched Godfather Part II. Great movie! Idk if I should watch Part III before the top 100 deadline though 🤔

If you wanna see why Sofia Coppola is directing instead of acting, by all means watch it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I will not stand by this Migos diss.

I've followed Migos since the jump, I know what I'm talking about. I won't say they've sold out, but they are no different than DJ Khaled at the point.

Songs like Look at My Dab, Fight Night, Pipe it Up, T-Shirt, One Time, and Handsome and Wealthy is what made Migos great. They have this urban Atlanta certified quality to them, which is what they are. But like Atlanta's hoods, Migos have been...gentrified. I still listen to them obviously, but it doesn't change that fact.

Folks didn't want to gas them before because they made "that ratchet kind of music" or whatever, but nowww pop radio wants to put them on repeat - because they've became safe and sugar coated. I know you like the Walk it Talk It video, but that's not natural Migos. That's Starbucks Migos. Quavo is becoming Brooklyn "BBQ."

The only deviation Rae Sremmurd/Swae Lee/Slim Jimmy has done is putting more substance into their songs and adding more pseudo-R&B vibes. Swae Lee is probably more underappreciated than anybody. Sremm Life 3 is nothing like Shremm Life 1. 3 is more mature, yet still has fun.

Migos are fine, but this version of Migos you like is not who they really are. Rae Sremmurd is better in every way, always has been, and it is what it is. Culture II can't touch Sremm Life 3 and that's just the truth.

12 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Btw, I just watched Godfather Part II. Great movie! Idk if I should watch Part III before the top 100 deadline though 🤔

Better watch The Conversation and/or Apocalypse Now if you haven't yet

14 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Better watch The Conversation and/or Apocalypse Now if you haven't yet

I watched Apocalypse Now many years ago (comfortably in my top 100 btw), and The Conversation was in my Netflix queue for a while until they took it off :kitschjob: