Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, DAR said:

It would still bomb but I'd watch the shit out of a live action Treasure Planet and Atlantis for the matter

There were some good ideas in Atlantis and the characters were cool too. The movie could very well be improved upon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

True. The last half of season 2 did have the problem. Still a good show.

I find it interesting because to me, more than anything it's about the inherent sadness that comes with loss of innocence. Like Star and Marco's lives have definitely become better in the course of the show but if you compare them in the last few episodes of season 3 to the first few of season 1, they definitely seem more content and happy at the beginning than they do at the end

• Like 1

I've been so chill, unstressed, and just full of good vibes lately. My general vibe was Boo'd Up...and now I get to deal with bullshit. If you tell someone you're going to do something, DO IT. Quick timeline:

- April 17 - I submit my grad application

- April 21 - application confirmed in the system, 1 letter of recommendation done, will hear back before Memorial Day (yesterday)

- April 17 - May 6 - I wait for the other letter. Get no responses to my emails, reminders, or calls.

- May 7 - I say screw it and ask someone else. She agrees to do to it.

- May 17 - After a reminder, she finally finishes it. My application is now 100% complete and admissions can finally review it.

- May 29 - I email the program just check to make sure they for sure have everything they need before the June 1 deadline.

- May 29 - them: "we still don't have your last letter." Me: "yes you do, it was submitted 12 days ago, you sent me an email." Them: "oh you right, my b fam. It was a system error. You should here back by July 1st." me: [jacksonville jaguars reaction gif]

So...classes start August 20th, and mandatory orientation is August 15. I also have to find an apartment before all the good ones are taken. So...between July 1st and August 1st I have, you know the math: one month! I'd need to do things like prepare my life, find scholarships, find clothes, get some pics, get things set up, etc. In one month. I had this DONE back in APRIL. I WAS RESPONSIBLE AND HAD IT DONE IN APRIL. I should've heard back a week ago not a month from now! I'm so mad.

And to make matters worse, I should be hearing from my back up choice any day now. That's not good. They said if admitted, they could give me maybe an extra week to confirm if I'm coming or not, because classes there start in...JULY.

So if admitted, I will more than likely have to gamble and decline the invitation, in confidence that my #1 accepts me. But if they don't - then yay no school and all these months of preparation, testing, money go wasted! How awesome is that?

I'm so mad. I'm so mad. It's not fair. I was responsible and had this done April 17th, way ahead of time. If DENISE had done my letter right when she promised, I'd already know my status right now. I'm sick. I've been in such a great mood after killing my exam, and now it's shattered. If you tell someone you're going to do something: DO IT. She's fucked me up and has no idea. Please you don't ever put someone in this situation!

• Sad 5

Basically a lose lose situation from now until then. I could be proactive and go ahead a find a good student apartment, scholarships and what not, but in order to get them, pretty sure you have to be...a student. One person has literally just killed my summer and personal momentum.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

I have my first A-Level exam in a week, shiiiiit

Don't worry about it. I got kicked out of school during my A levels and failed them all, and I turned out OK.

3 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Don't worry about it. I got kicked out of school during my A levels and failed them all, and I turned out OK.

tree you should tour schools this is such great revision motivation.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Sad 1

I am being serious though, people stress way too much about their exams, at the end of the day most employers don't care what grade you got and if you don't get into your dream uni then, well, most jobs don't even require a degree. Everyone should just be chilled out and not worry about anything.

3 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

I am being serious though, people stress way too much about their exams, at the end of the day most employers don't care what grade you got and if you don't get into your dream uni then, well, most jobs don't even require a degree. Everyone should just be chilled out and not worry about anything.

I need A*A*A* for my first-choice University :whosad:

lmao just found out that apparently my old lego collection, despite being 'used' is worth over 1500 bucks. Thank god for 10 year old me keeping all the boxes, instructions, and pieces together

• Astonished 1

• Community Manager
Just now, DAJK said:

lmao just found out that apparently my old lego collection, despite being 'used' is worth over 1500 bucks. Thank god for 10 year old me keeping all the boxes, instructions, and pieces together

10-year old you is gonna be super disappointed in you if you sell.

• Disbelief 1

Lego is one of those rare things that will just keep appreciating. Don't sell it yet. Keep it. 60-year old you will thank me when he's lying on a bed of models in one of his mansions.

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My collection is probably worth like $5,000 :jeb!: I used to keep boxes but threw them out after like a year, so that deflates the value a little.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Lego is one of those rare things that will just keep appreciating. Don't sell it yet. Keep it. 60-year old you will thank me when he's lying on a bed of models in one of his mansions.

I likely won’t sell all of them, I’d keep the ones that I really really liked, and that I’d think I’d appreciate when i’m older like the Millennium Falcon, Vader’s Tie fighter etc

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My collection is probably worth like $5,000 :jeb!: I used to keep boxes but threw them out after like a year, so that deflates the value a little.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT