Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

49 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not sure if people will see this as a bad take or not, but I just re-watched Rogue One and IMO it's the best of the 4 Disney Star Wars. Not only does it add so much to A New Hope (I'm re-watching that one right now) but it feels like classic Star Wars while also still feeling like something new. It really does strike a sort of balance between honouring the originals but also being something new. It's also damn entertaining.

Also, the last 30 minutes or so are some of the best Star Wars put to screen period. Obviously not THE best, but it's up there. 

20 minutes ago, aabattery said:

TLJ still the best one tho

1. John Williams' TFA

2. John Powell's Solo

3. John Williams' theme for Solo

5. Michael Giacchino's R1/John Williams' TLJ

Just now, aabattery said:

*angrily blows kazoo*

Williams' work on TLJ was his weakest since Attack of the Clones. And that one at least introduced one of the best Star Wars musical themes out there.

The Americans ended very nicely. Nothing felt forced or cheap in the finale, and basically everyone’s story gets wrapped up. I think it’s dumb that

Spoiler

the Laurie Holden subplot went nowhere. They honestly should’ve nipped that one back when it started. Phillip’s final words to Stan being “thanks for letting us go! oh btw your gf might be a spy LATER” doesn’t really sit well with me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Williams' work on TLJ was his weakest since Attack of the Clones. And that one at least introduced one of the best Star Wars musical themes out there.

Cannot support this in any way, shape or form. TLJ has a terrific score.

22 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I almost went off on ya there, because I didn’t bother to read the rest of your post :lol: 

Other than Across the Stars, ATOC score is middle of the road Star Wars. But damn that theme is just pure gold. Basically captures what the entire prequel trilogy should have been from an emotional standpoint

Wellington: When Nigel Rothsay heard the police at his door, he had no idea the bizarre turn his life was about to take.

Police in Masterton, north-east of Wellington in New Zealand, had raided Rothsay's neighbour, who was under suspicion of dealing methamphetamine, and placed a restraining order on that property under the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act, he said.

But in doing so, it was discovered that an apparent administrative error five years earlier meant Rothsay actually owned his neighbour's property, and his neighbour owned his – both having been unaware of the mix-up until that moment in December.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/man-buys-house-only-to-find-out-five-years-later-he-doesn-t-own-it-20180531-p4zijc.html

• Haha 1