Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

36 minutes ago, AJG said:

Im an hour and twenty minutes into Set It Up and I’m having fun. It’s the crappy but pleasant romantic comedy I wish Hollywood would make more of. 

What's sad is that about ten years ago it would've been a major Hollywood release that would've made about a decent $40M and likely would've given both Glen Powell and Zoey Deutch the career boosts they deserve. Such is the state of the film industry these days.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i saw that list of new academy members yesterday and Zoey Deutch and Taye Diggs were both on there. Set It Up squad infiltrating to make sure it gets noms.

Powell's REVENGE.

Saw Tag. Really enjoyed it. The actors had a lot of good chemistry together (Fischer and Renner were standouts), and they actually did a lot with the premise of a bunch grown-ass men playing tag. Plus I laughed quite a bit. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Saw Tag. Really enjoyed it. The actors had a lot of good chemistry (Fischer and Renner were standouts), and they actually did a lot with the premise of a bunch grown-ass men playing tag. Plus I laughed quite a bit. 

Fisher was definitely the MVP of the movie. She's a really underappreciated comic actress who especially excels at playing crazy chicks (like in Wedding Crashers also). Wish she would get another proper vehicle (one much better than the ghastly Confessions of a Shopaholic).

Lemme see... I’ve watched

Okja

Annihilation

When We First Met

Crouching Tiger 2

Bright

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist

and Cloverfield 3

Set It Up is their best movie — by far.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1