Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

triple-h-nod.gif

I wanted to rank Florida last but then I realized that there so many other states just flat out worse than the notoriously worst state.

And I was probably to generous to Texas, for the purpose of this list I was pretending Texas was just Austin, San Antonio, Houston, El Paso and DFW

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

Couple of years late on this but I thought Fences was great. Terrific, really layered performances from Denzel and Viola. Good stuff.

Also saw Incredibles 2 and it's good!

I feel like Fences got overlooked, which is a shame.  It’s really good.  Very cinematic for a play-to-film adaptation.  Denzel and Viola do the monologues well.

There seems to be a push on twitter to get Netflix to pick up a Percy Jackson series.

That’s actually not a terrible idea, those movies may have been terribad but the book series has potential to be something fun.  Would probably work better as a TV series 

1 hour ago, Pandamia! said:

7. Vermont

HELL TO THE YEAH!!

And Texas is probably too high, outside of the cities which are propping the state up, it's basically what you'd expect a conservative hellhole to be. If I was ranking the state, I'd be place it more in the middle around #20. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

HELL TO THE YEAH!!

And Texas is probably too high, outside of the cities which are propping the state up, it's basically what you'd expect a conservative hellhole to be. If I was ranking the state, I'd be place it more in the middle around #20. 

I’m holding out hope we’ll somehow elect Beto over Cruz.  

Yeah, the rural parts are a hellhole but you almost forget about all of that when you’re actually in one of the main cities.

Austin is the best city in the US though, so that has to be worth something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is this just for Atlanta?

That, and I gave boosts to states if they were kind of trending in the right direction with some awesome cities (like Georgia, Arizona and Texas)

I was thinking more along the lines, “The state as a whole may be mixed, but there’s enough good places to live that if I did live there I’d be fine.”

• Like 1

Just now, Pandamia! said:

That, and I gave boosts to states if they were kind of trending in the right direction with some awesome cities (like Georgia, Arizona and Texas)

I was thinking more along the lines, “The state as a whole may be mixed, but there’s enough good places to live that if I did live there I’d be fine.”

The major Florida cities don't prop it up? :kitschjob: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The major Florida cities don't prop it up? :kitschjob: 

You’d still have to deal with hurricanes, old people, alligators and ex-pet pythons.

Compare that to Texas, where the cities have relatively affordable housing because the two things we have an excess amount of is flat empty land and natural gas.

• Sad 1

Just now, Pandamia! said:

You’d still have to deal with hurricanes, old people, alligators and ex-pet pythons.

Compare that to Texas, where the cities have relatively affordable housing because the two things we have an excess amount of is flat empty land and natural gas.

:gold: 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I’m holding out hope we’ll somehow elect Beto over Cruz.  

Yeah, the rural parts are a hellhole but you almost forget about all of that when you’re actually in one of the main cities.

Austin is the best city in the US though, so that has to be worth something.

I'd love to see Cruz lose in November, but unfortunately polling seems to suggest otherwise. I hope it's close, though.

Texas is trending "blue", though it won't be voting democrat soon enough. Places like Austin, Dallas, Houston etc... are all really great diverse areas to live in, and eventually they'll help the state shift left, but much like other blue cities in red states, they're currently outnumbered by the smaller bumfuck rural areas. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2