Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Jim Parsons looks so fucking hammy that I'm sure he'll take home the Limited Supporting Actor Emmy over Tim Blake Neslon or John Turturro. David Corenswet looks like Henry Cavill's younger brother. Maybe they should make him the new Superman.

23 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jim Parsons looks so fucking hammy that I'm sure he'll take home the Limited Supporting Actor Emmy over Tim Blake Neslon or John Turturro. David Corenswet looks like Henry Cavill's younger brother. Maybe they should make him the new Superman.

When God Lindelof is blocked from Emmy glory once again by the unstoppable forces of Murphy and Blanchett:

Its Time Dc GIF by Watchmen HBO - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

The only other Ryan Murphy show I've seen was The Politician (which also was co-created by the other co-creator of this show) which I really liked and this looks kinda similar to it in terms of tone so I guess I'm actually pretty excited for this show.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The only other Ryan Murphy show I've seen was The Politician (which also was co-created by the other co-creator of this show) which I really liked and this looks kinda similar to it in terms of tone so I guess I'm actually pretty excited for this show.

The first season of American Crime Story (The People v OJ) is very, very, very good. It's only produced by Murphy though, the show-runners are the screen-writers of Ed Wood and Dolemite is My Name

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The two seasons of American Crime Story are strong stuff. Feud: Bette & Joan was also a solid little miniseries. And his movie adaptation of The Normal Heart for HBO was really effective. His original stuff (like Scream Queens or the failed Modern Family wannabe The New Normal) tends to be hit or miss but he's carved out a particular niche with these "true story" programs.

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

Ryan Murphy is basically the Nolan Of the Gays. All his stuff is basically the same but how dare you suggest otherwise and question his genius. 

And moms/grandmas too lol. He also made Eat Pray Love, which is one of my mom's favorite movies (and an easy-to-name "mom movie" in general).

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

Ryan Murphy frustrates me, because I like the concepts for his show. But Glee's later seasons became a rare kind of awful that turned me off from anything Murphy-related. I only bothered with American Crime Story because I'm obsessed with the Juice, and I only saw season 2 because how much I loved season 1. I did like Versace btw, though not as much as OJ

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Ryan Murphy frustrates me, because I like the concepts for his show.

This perfectly describes his shows 90% of the time. The Politician in particular felt like he decided to cram at least three potentially interesting shows on paper into one overstuffed series. Like that whole plot with Zoey Deutch and Jessica Lange reeked of him being salty that The Act beat him to punch in providing the definitive dramatization of the Gypsy Rose story so he came up with this dumb satirical version instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

The first season of American Crime Story (The People v OJ) is very, very, very good. It's only produced by Murphy though, the show-runners are the screen-writers of Ed Wood and Dolemite is My Name

Yeah, I watched this show too and really liked it. I thought he only directed a couple of episodes though.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, I watched this show too and really liked it. I thought he only directed a couple of episodes though.

I don't even know what constitutes as a Ryan Murphy production anymore, lol

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This perfectly describes his shows 90% of the time.

But half the fun is figuring out when it’s gonna morph into a train wreck.