Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

aae983ac-4185-4138-bee0-941aa7d82081_tex

Haha I opened up Twitter to see "Pete Davidson" trending and wondered who had broken up now. I'm going to need a stronger source than In Touch but her three part Bennifer album/video film/making-of documentary about their epic love affair was beyond ridiculous. Everybody told her it was a terrible idea...

Shōgun Seasons 2 and 3 in the works (The Hollywood Reporter)

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Shōgun Seasons 2 and 3 in the works (The Hollywood Reporter)

lol bye bye Drama Series 2024 Winner The Crown (or any above the line wins for it besides Elizabeth Debicki, perhaps as much of a lock as anyone following her winter awards sweep).

Limited just got a lot more exciting now, given the lack of shows that have been dominating the buzz or lack a "winner" vibe (I know Baby Reindeer came out of nowhere as a surprise Netflix smash, but aside from Spotlight, when was the last time a project about the difficult subject of sexual assault was given more than just nominations?). It would be hilarious if critically panned All the Light We Cannot See (nominated at Golden Globes, PGA, and DGA) somehow ended up a major contender.

• Like 1

Well, I'm happy for Toby but there must be something horribly compelling about this story if they keep revisiting it because it's the same ("same") as All The Money in The World (Which I guess I'll watch now).

1 hour ago, Morieris said:

Well, I'm happy for Toby but there must be something horribly compelling about this story if they keep revisiting it because it's the same ("same") as All The Money in The World (Which I guess I'll watch now).

There was also the TV miniseries the same year with Brendan Fraser, Donald Sutherland and Hillary Swank called Trust. 

How many versions of the same kidnapping do we really need? We can make a Rashomon from the different versions already.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There was also the TV miniseries the same year with Brendan Fraser, Donald Sutherland and Hillary Swank called Trust. 

How many versions of the same kidnapping do we really need? We can make a Rashomon from the different versions already.

In a few years we'll be getting another project about Candy Montgomery since the two that arrived within close proximity to each other (Candy with Jessica Biel and Love & Death with Elizabeth Olsen) ended up coming and going with no one really caring for either.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Tom Holland can't catch a break. His turn in Romeo and Juliet is getting panned by critics

The director's stage shtick is monochromatic minimalism and video screens, which went over well on the West End as a bold reinvention of Sunset Boulevard. With Romeo and Juliet, that and all the other affectations (Constant whispering! No props!) sound rather goofy and pointless?

There's another version of R&J is coming to Broadway this September starring Rachel Zegler and Kit Connor (with music by Jack Antonoff). They released this video yesterday which may or may not capture the tone of the production:

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl