Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Uh, shit. I'm glad my current employer doesn't read Facebook that closely. I explicitly told my feed not to buy from them six years ago. 

Yeah, if I were you, I might do a deep purge of your whole feed and only save the last year or two...

It's something I do every New Year - I delete all my prior year posts...figure I'd rather not be 60 and have some post when I was 20 get me fired/viral public scorn/etc...

Yes, yes, I know it's not fully deleted...but most social media "job checks" on people are done on the surface...and they won't look longer than that...

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

They truly made a website that tells you if a film has an alleged sexual predator involved in it.

https://therottenappl.es

November releases I saw in theaters:

Wonder: Good

Coco: Lasseter

Lady Bird: Good

Three Billboards: Good

Justice League: :sadben: 

Orient Express: Good (?)

Thor: Good

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I deleted it, but now I feel morally compromised because it looks like I had good reason to feel that way at the time. 

But maybe you don't have reason to feel that way now...especially if you work for them:).

I mean, you can always say "x was bad then, but has gotten better and I approve of x now"...but that nuance is usually lost when viral e-storms start...in fact, all nuance and reason is usually lost then, so it's better to just avoid them!:)

Heck, I'd encourage this site to purge everything except numbers posts yearly for the same reason...but I've seen that's not their concept...

The Great Gatsby is a good book. It's too short and a bit too cold to leave a lasting impact on me, but 'tis what it is. The Maze Runner on the other hand was pretty blah. The book is so choppy and goes from one plot point to the next without much transitioning. I might read Scorch Trials, but not until I read some other books. I just picked up The Disaster Artist, Ready Player One, and Catcher in the Rye, so I'll start one of them later. I want to read TDA the most yet am really eager to see if RPO is as bad as some of you (mostly @ReyReyBattery) say it is; this means I must start with CITR :hahaha: 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Great Gatsby is a good book. It's too short and a bit too cold to leave a lasting impact on me, but 'tis what it is. The Maze Runner on the other hand was pretty blah. The book is so choppy and goes from one plot point to the next without much transitioning. I might read Scorch Trials, but not until I read some other books. I just picked up The Disaster Artist, Ready Player One, and Catcher in the Rye, so I'll start one of them later. I want to read TDA the most yet am really eager to see if RPO is as bad as some of you (mostly @ReyReyBattery) say it is; this means I must start with CITR :hahaha: 

"The tower, which was not supposed to be there, plunges into the earth in a place just before the black pine forest begins to give way to swamp and then the reeds and wind-gnarled trees of the marsh flats. Beyond the marsh flats and the natural canals lies the ocean and, a little farther down the coast, a derelict lighthouse."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJG said:

They truly made a website that tells you if a film has an alleged sexual predator involved in it.

https://therottenappl.es

From the 2017 releases I saw in theaters:

Lego Batman: fresh

Logan: fresh

Kong: fresh

Beauty and the Beast: fresh

Guardians 2: Stallone

Get Out: fresh

Wonder Woman: fresh

Spider-Man Homecoming: fresh

Apes: fresh

Dunkirk: fresh

Kingsman 2: fresh

Blade Runner 2049: Jared Leto

Thor Ragnarok: fresh

Justice League: Batfleck

Last Jedi (since I'll see it tomorrow): fresh

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I searched POTC on Rotten Apples to see if Depp would pop up there because he didn't for OE, and Bush Sr was in OST????? :winomg: 

Depp was accused of domestic violence and not sexual misconduct though.

27 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

"The tower, which was not supposed to be there, plunges into the earth in a place just before the black pine forest begins to give way to swamp and then the reeds and wind-gnarled trees of the marsh flats. Beyond the marsh flats and the natural canals lies the ocean and, a little farther down the coast, a derelict lighthouse."

Good ol' Tele supporting Annihilation.

Make him read The Gunslinger instead.

• Like 1