Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, The Last Panda said:

I don't love trig, but one there's no working around it when you start doing polar coordinates.  And it definitely makes some iterated integrals easier when you have the option to switch to polar, cylindrical and spherical coordinates (actually axe that on spherical, spherical is pretty annoying all around).

Oh no doubt you need it. But I didn't put the time in to memorizing it last year and now it's biting me in the ads this year

3 hours ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Watched Kingsman 2. Glad to see I was correct in my assessment of saying that it was way too fucking long.

I still don’t understand why people think it’s that badly paced.  Film flew by for me and I don’t think I was ever bored.  Guess it’s one of those complaints I just won’t understand  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This week, one of the teatchers I had in high school passed away after fighting 8 years with cancer. To this date, I have never felt more pain for the loss of someone...

As I was leaving the funeral and saw so many kids from my old school, I realised what an amazing and at the same time often wasted proffesion being a teacher is. It is not about the knowledge, it is about touching the souls of young people and being able to make them better, to shape them in a way.

I owe her a lot and I am not alone. She was truly an inspiring, unique person in every way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I still don’t understand why people think it’s that badly paced.  Film flew by for me and I don’t think I was ever bored.  Guess it’s one of those complaints I just won’t understand  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure if it was because Glastonbury has a rather touchy sexual assault joke that takes about 10 minutes to get to its intended destination, or because Colin Firth has amnesia and wants to become a butterfly expert.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Not sure if it was because Glastonbury has a rather touchy sexual assault joke that takes about 10 minutes to get to its intended destination, or because Colin Firth has amnesia and wants to become a butterfly expert.

"That's the first decent shit I've had in 3 weeks."

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Glastonbury was whatever for me.  It's really not that much of the film and I pretty much forgot about the scene by the time it ended.

Colin Firth wanting to become a butterfly expert was great.

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Glastonbury was whatever for me.  It's really not that much of the film and I pretty much forgot about the scene by the time it ended.

Colin Firth wanting to become a butterfly expert was great.

It was not very great. One, because Colin Firth gives one of his in it for the paycheck performances that he does in half of his romantic comedies, and two, Colin Firth acting as a spy was the driving push of the first. Neuter that away for half of the movie asking strongly chiseled but not charming enough Taron Egerton to carry the weight of that aspect doesn't help. Don't even get me started on his girlfriend issues with the Princess.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1