Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I think what I said was more pertinent to the numbers thread than the film's. It was kind of a quippy statement that makes more sense to write where the last post was 2 minutes ago than 2 days ago (not to mention still on the first page)

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I hope we have strict spoiler policies in place for The Post even though, ya know, it's based on a true story. 

Not sure if serious but yes... in the numbers thread talking about specifics of The Post... especially mentioning any liberties or interpretations  they took of the real events would be considered a spoiler.

The numbers threads are for talking about the box office... not the movies themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Not sure if serious but yes... in the numbers thread talking about specifics of The Post... especially mentioning any liberties or interpretations  they took of the real events would be considered a spoiler.

The numbers threads are for talking about the box office... not the movies themselves.

You guys made a thread specifically for numbers only, and barely anybody has used it since the first week or two. I know Star Wars is out and people are getting cautious about spoilers, but discussing movies in the weekend thread always happens and will continue to happen unless you become even stricter on the policy, which would piss off a lot of the community

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Liked/disliked: Okay.

Commenting on legs: Okay.

Referencing sites like IMDb, RT, and the like, especially in regards to numbers: Okay.

Commenting on why something might be doing great/not great: Getting iffy, but maybe okay as long as specific plot points aren't mentioned.

Commenting on what happens in the movie at all: Not Okay.

That fourth bullet point is a little nebulous, sure.  But mentioning how X film seems to not be geared to kids or is too light/dark/whatever seems to be fine. Something that would basically be covered in a non-spoiler review. 

Fooferall is pretty intense film and might not be suitable for kids (and that affects the legs in such and such a way): Okay

Fooferall is really intense and wait till you see what happens to that beaver (wow, the buzz for that scene will be out of sight)!: Not Okay.

But, again, I ain't on Staff, so just take this as what the spoiler policy looks like to me.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on Staff will correct me. But the above is how I am playing it in Weekend Threads.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You guys made a thread specifically for numbers only, and barely anybody has used it since the first week or two. I know Star Wars is out and people are getting cautious about spoilers, but discussing movies in the weekend thread always happens and will continue to happen unless you become even stricter on the policy, which would piss off a lot of the community

When I say numbers thread I am talking about the daily/weekend threads.

Talking about specific events in a movie has always been considered a spoiler... especially in the numbers threads since we've changed the policy.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Correct me if I'm wrong:

You're not wrong and it's really not that hard to follow those rules in the weekend/daily threads.

I know the younger generation doesn't care about spoilers as much as some of us do but it shows a real disrespect of other members/staff to always push the envelope when talking about movies in the numbers threads.

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

But, again, I ain't on Staff, so just take this as what the spoiler policy looks like to me.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on Staff will correct me. But the above is how I am playing it in Weekend Threads.

Hang around this time someone might nominate you next time we're looking for mods.... :jeb!:

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Okay, but none of this answers my questions as to why a mod was allowed to put, with no tags, complete details as to which scenes in the trailer for The Snowman weren’t in the movie

Mods make mistakes like everyone else and when/how it is addressed is kept at a staff level.

• Like 2

Just now, The Last AndyLL said:

Mods make mistakes like everyone else and when/how it is addressed is kept at a staff level.

But...it wasn’t hidden?  The post is still there, available for everyone to see?

I’m not blaming Grim for this, but if one of your own mods didn’t know about said spoiler rule about not talking about what in the trailers was in the film or not, then it’s clearly not a well enforced rule.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

But...it wasn’t hidden?  The post is still there, available for everyone to see?

I’m not blaming Grim for this, but if one of your own mods didn’t know about said spoiler rule about not talking about what in the trailers was in the film or not, then it’s clearly not a well enforced rule.

It was in the movie thread and not in the weekend thread and it was tagged.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

It was in the movie thread and not in the weekend thread and it was tagged.

It was not tagged.  Click on the post.  He puts it in a quote box, not a spoiler box.

And if you’re still fine with it after that just because it’s in the film’s main thread, would it be acceptable if I were to go into the main Last Jedi thread right now and say a spoiler for the film?