Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Which do you prefer: A small audience that's quiet so you can concentrate on the movie, or a packed audience that laughs at every little thing? Which enhances the experience?

Depends on the movie. I hate when people don't react to blockbusters (unless they flat out suck), but I don't need cheering during, I dunno, City of Z.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Which do you prefer: A small audience that's quiet so you can concentrate on the movie, or a packed audience that laughs at every little thing? Which enhances the experience?

In general bigger the audience as long as they are into the movie (and reacting to the movie and not something else).

Comedic beat are probably the most enhanced by the presence of an audience, but it is also true for shocking reveal and so on.

• Like 3

If you're in the Regal Crown Club, there's an early screening of 12 Strong on the 10th.

....And we got it. Possibly the first early screening this city sees and of all things, it's that.

Not complaining, I hope it's a big success so people can get more long after I've abandoned this hellhole for a bigger city. 

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

If you're in the Regal Crown Club, there's an early screening of 12 Strong on the 10th.

....And we got it. Possibly the first early screening this city sees and of all things, it's that.

Not complaining, I hope it's a big success so people can get more long after I've abandoned this hellhole for a bigger city. 

Regal is hosting early screenings of I, Tonya on New Year's Eve around here but alas, we won't be able to make it (it comes out here January 5 anyway).

All the Money in the World is a movie that's on the verge of greatness but doesn't quite get there. The first act is essentially an exposition dump and clunky as hell, and other parts of the script are a bit too procedural. Fantastic performances all around though, and when the script gives Williams and Plummer monologues, they're nothing short of great. This is probably Ridley's best-directed movie since Gladiator too (I'm not even factoring in the Plummer scenes; the whole movie is superbly directed). 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Depends on the movie. One of the best theater experiences i had in a long time was IT, the cinema was 90% full and everyone just had a great time laughing, gasping and cheering (the latter doesnt happen usually in Germany).

OtoH, a movie like War for the Planet of the Apes or Blade Runner 2049 need a quiet audience imo. I was a little mad when someone just began smoking while i tryed to concentrate on Apes looking serious.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Does that happen often? I've never seen someone smoke in a movie theater.

It was the first time i witnessed something like that. It also goes against the guidelines of the cinema, but he began with it like 1 hour into the movie. Nobody wanted to stand up and report him, me included. Apes was too good, i didnt want to miss something :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Regal is hosting early screenings of I, Tonya on New Year's Eve around here but alas, we won't be able to make it (it comes out here January 5 anyway).

See I would have got tickets for that :( It's my birthday but I'm doing everything this Saturday instead.