Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Can you take anthropology and archaeology over the summer? The 2nd science course in a series is normally restricted to the Spring semester at a lot of schools.

Yea they only are offered in spring semester :(

i would already have some stuff lined up for first semester next year

First year physics part 1

EOS x2

Calc part 2

Second year BIO

second semester I could do

chem part 2

first year physics part 2

a second year Chem that only requires chem part 1

a second year EOS

(and if one of these doesn't work due to scheduling just replace one with an elective)

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

The first sounds more preferable if that's what you want. I'm assuming you can take anthropology over the summer, especially if you are really that interested. Overall, I'd suggest thinking things over and taking the classes that you think are the most important. I remember I did the same thing during the first year of college, and wound up dropping some classes that turned out to be for the better. 

That's the thing yea, Chem seems more important IF I follow through and do a science degree. The reason I would Ben trying anthropology would be to see I feel I enjoy it and maybe do my major or just a minor in it

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That's the thing yea, Chem seems more important IF I follow through and do a science degree. The reason I would Ben trying anthropology would be to see I feel I enjoy it and maybe do my major or just a minor in it

Chem sounds like the class that would be important to take, while anthropology is the class that interests you more basically. If you do take anthropology my suggestion is that I think it should be a minor.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I know it's for Makeup, which is admittedly one of the few impressive aspects of the film, but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that Bright could be an Oscar nominee. It's just so, so bad.

Hire Ayer if you want that makeup Oscah

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Glad someone finally made a movie about Dunkirk, interesting stuff

It actually makes a great companion piece to Dunkirk.  You could watch one and then go and watch the other right after and they’d fit together perfectly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm mad one of the best lines in the second trailer was cut :ohmyzod: 

Were you the youngest in there by 50 years? :hahaha: 

I was definitely the only person under 50 in the theater.  I took my dad, who’s in his mid 50s, and he was probably the second youngest.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Chem sounds like the class that would be important to take, while anthropology is the class that interests you more basically. If you do take anthropology my suggestion is that I think it should be a minor.

Exactly, I agree that overall the Chem would open up more doors etc in the future. Thing is, the teachers at the college I'm at also aren't as good as at the university I'll be at next year so I could even take it with a better instructor (potentially... cause no matter where you go there are always good and bad profs)

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@DAJK I'd honestly go with anthro/archaeology next semester. Last fall, I was set on majoring in business and decided to take Microecon earlier this year after doing Macro, but ultimately I strayed away from business. Definitely branch out and try other classes.

That's what I'm thinking yea, branch out, try something new. My whole first year is more than paid off from scholarship money so maybe it's a chance to try a few things. It's why I'm taking and English literature class

• Like 4