Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

i loved that first season of american crime story. but idk if i can be bothered to go on with the new one. versace who cares. it looks too much ryan murphyness for me when the uncle juice season balanced it out the right amount. also scott alexander and larry karaszewski not coming back makes me care less too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i loved that first season of american crime story. but idk if i can be bothered to go on with the new one. versace who cares. it looks too much ryan murphyness for me when the uncle juice season balanced it out the right amount. also scott alexander and larry karaszewski not coming back makes me care less too

Oooh did not know that.  Still Feud managed to be pretty good to great and I think that was a solo Murphy joint.  So maybe this will still be good.

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Oooh did not know that.  Still Feud managed to be pretty good to great and I think that was a solo Murphy joint.  So maybe this will still be good.

Murphy shows tend to be good for one season before falling apart. It happened to Glee, it happened to American Horror Story, it happened to Scream Queens as well. American Crime Story and Feud both had stellar first seasons both I still have my doubts, 9-1-1 will probably end up suffering as well.

feud has some of that clunky ryan murphy writing where characters are just constantly reciting wikipedia pages at each other. like it's not just "my oscar" it's "my Oscar I won in 1945 for my performance in Mildred Pierce". i'm trying to remember the biggest stinker line like that there's a really rough one early on where someone says to robert aldrich something like "Your last picture The Last Sunset with Rock Hudson in 1961 was a total flop Bob!"

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

It looks horrible. Like... how is there enough story to justify this being a series? 

6 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

Why does blu ray player need updating? It does this for every film released in the past few years. I bought the licence, there is no expiry, why do I have to buy it again...

Blu ray player interact with TV/Sound system that update/change over time and the content encryption technology / menu player ability available on the disc evolve.

Look at HDMI evolutions:

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/understanding-difference-hdmi-versions

Now you can have ethernet on your HDMI cable, they can open/close your tv when you open/close your player's etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Versions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.262/MPEG-2_Part_2

I would imagine some of your disc used (for the menu or actual audio/video files) more recent codecs/capability than your bluray older version.

Has for the license part and update ? Not sure what you mean by that, in Canada we do not have issue like that, 10 year's old PS3 still play blurays just fine.