Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

He's a little older (a 90s decade grad), so you wouldn't have crossed paths...but crazy world:)...you're the 1st person other than him who I've ever "met" who went there (I always used to tell him he and his parents were nuts for letting him leave at 13 to go, and then he told me he lived in a sh&thole in the Midwest, and had to get out:)...Now, we lived in the Midwest for a few years after college, and I used to tease him that it wasn't that bad...and then he'd tell me big city Ohio was nothing like middle-of-nowhere Indiana...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiIvVAI8nIYhkXIgAEFw5

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

Finally got around to watching the first episode of the new Stranger Things. So far, pretty good. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Only the Brave is pretty good. It's a bit pedestrian but has some great performances. Our boy Kitsch utilized his "with" credit well :) 

It's cool to see him make a slight career recovery, with all these supporting roles. Like any actor, he can actually be solid in the right role. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Finally got around to watching the first episode of the new Stranger Things. So far, pretty good. 

It's cool to see him make a slight career recovery, with all these supporting roles. Like any actor, he can actually be solid in the right role. 

He was trash in AA yet pretty fucking great here :kitschjob: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

He was trash in AA yet pretty fucking great here :kitschjob: 

Well his performance in AA was over the top and stupid, and thus fit that crappy film quite well. Only The Brave is supposed to be much more dramatic and serious film (haven't seen it yet), and I'm sure his "serious" performance fit that movie better, plus he was under different direction. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

He's a little older (a 90s decade grad), so you wouldn't have crossed paths...but crazy world:)...you're the 1st person other than him who I've ever "met" who went there (I always used to tell him he and his parents were nuts for letting him leave at 13 to go, and then he told me he lived in a sh&thole in the Midwest, and had to get out:)...Now, we lived in the Midwest for a few years after college, and I used to tease him that it wasn't that bad...and then he'd tell me big city Ohio was nothing like middle-of-nowhere Indiana...

Haha I always love running into fellow Andover folks.

I was telling my wife how any of our future kids have to go here and she gave me the crazy look like screw this prep school crap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Rice Krispies treats?

We made homemade rice crispies but they got hard so I put it in the toaster oven but I got distracted listening to my podcast and browsing this forum that i completely forgot about it until she reminded me. The rice crispies burned and I tried to salvage it. She looked at me with utter disgust and handed me back the plate. I tried eating it and it tasting like burnt cow pee so she asked me to bring the cheesecake with milk instead. I'm disappointed in myself. 

Edited by raegr
  • Haha 1

I have basically zero interest in seeing The Snowman anymore. Like, I want to see how bad it is but don't want to sit through the first 15-20 minutes again PLUS the trailers. There are four more movies out right now that I have more interest in than seeing The Snowman. I'm seeing something tomorrow (probably TYFYS but the door is open), but it won't be The Snowman. If I'm in the mood to see it Thursday, great (Wednesday is about them Criterions :drool: ), otherwise I'm not seeing it in theaters.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1