Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

Haha I always love running into fellow Andover folks.

I was telling my wife how any of our future kids have to go here and she gave me the crazy look like screw this prep school crap.

Yeah, good luck with convincing the wife - I'm already 1-0 so far (and plan to be 4-0 when they all grow up:)...

I took a girl on a date to see Thor at the weekend. Was awesome. It went really well and I'm seeing her again this week. :D 

Never dated anyone before.. it was really something. And when we got home it was just nice to be with someone who was actually interested in me as opposed to just serving one purpose. 

• Like 9

However I was working out and about on my own this evening and two big blokes came after me with a baseball bat on the street. I was delivering forms to properties, they thought I was eyeing them up to break in. Ffs. I somehow managed to diffuse the situation but I had a complete panic attack afterwards, got home and threw up. Will have to report it to police tomorrow :( 

On the upside, I still have a date this week :wub:

Hows your week going BOT?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You've never had Gobi Manchurian then - best way ever to eat cauliflower:)...

Gobi Manchurian is life, especially if eaten from a roadside cart in India. It's named that because Indians thought it was a Chinese recipe for some reason.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

However I was working out and about on my own this evening and two big blokes came after me with a baseball bat on the street. I was delivering forms to properties, they thought I was eyeing them up to break in. Ffs. I somehow managed to diffuse the situation but I had a complete panic attack afterwards, got home and threw up. Will have to report it to police tomorrow :( 

:sarah: 

7 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

:sarah: 

Man. It was nuts. 

Do have to wonder who exactly this idiot thinks scopes out houses to rob wearing a high vis jacket and a name tag like I was. :kitschjob:

Edited by Manchester by the Tree
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Gobi Manchurian is life, especially if eaten from a roadside cart in India. It's named that because Indians thought it was a Chinese recipe for some reason.

See, I need to get to a roadside cart in India.  I have a brother and sis-in-law in China, and one of these days I'm gonna use their home base to have a total tour of Asia trip (if I can ever afford the flights for the whole fam or get someone to watch my kids:)...it's a bucket list item of mine:)...

• Like 1

Not making this up: due to the fact that one of my local theatres will never show an R-rated movie under any circumstance (meaning that the other theatre has had a hell of a time trying to program the largely R-rated slate of the last two months), Blade Runner 2049 will be closing here on Thursday, but the ever-popular Despicable Me 3 will continue its four-month run. :lol:

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

27 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Not making this up: due to the fact that one of my local theatres will never show an R-rated movie under any circumstance (meaning that the other theatre has had a hell of a time trying to program the largely R-rated slate of the last two months), Blade Runner 2049 will be closing here on Thursday, but the ever-popular Despicable Me 3 will continue its four-month run. :lol:

They must not like making money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They must not like making money.

Could be worse. The locally-owned chain by me REFUSES to put movies on more than one screen per theater (they have three and never let anything play at more than 2). They lose so much money each year by not having enough capacity, especially when stuff only plays at their smallest theater.

Edited by WrathOfHan

28 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Goods news maybe for you 49er fans.

I say maybe because it always seems that New England backup QBs only are good in NE.

Weird move...guess NE figured they weren't gonna play him or pay him after the end of the season (when he's a free agent).  I'd love to know who they are planning on getting as the #2 QB now, since Tom Brady is the only one on their current roster...and that's ballsy to think a 40 year old won't have to miss a few plays (or games) with an injury, especially with the new concussion protocols...playing someone you literally sign this week would be interesting to say the least...

My local theatres - with the exception of the pub cinema (which is also closing Blade Runner, which is understandable considering that it's tough to program in their limited schedule) - still operate exactly as they did in the '90s. Movies rarely play on more than one screen, the two screens are never in the same wing of the building, and the few movies that do play on two screens usually do so for at least a month, even if they're making peanuts. Oh, and they'll also never show the same movie on both of the big screens at a given theatre, no matter how much money it's making. Seriously: they ran Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipmunk Pun on the other big screen the weekend when Force Awakens opened.

And worst of all: with verrrrry few exceptions (of which The Last Jedi is thankfully one), they never do Thursday preview screenings. It's really the only part of moving that I've come to regret.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1