Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Yea at least this doesn't have 20/20's length problems. I don't get the long album thing. Culture II is good in alot of places but every Migos song is 5 minutes long and the album feels like five hours. It's getting insane. Dedication 6 is two and a half fucking hours! Illmatic was ten tracks long, people. This has been an issue forever - the best Beatles album is about 1/3rd as long as the most famous two. 

i think it helps streaming points if there's more tracks... or something i dunno i skimmed an article on this. rae sremmurd are apparently releasing a three disc album this year for goodness sake.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I really like 20/20 Part 1 but on average, but yeah a lot of those tracks should have been no longer than 5 minutes. Also, cut Spaceship Coupe 

Future Sex Love Sounds is pretty much excellent from Tracks 1-6 and the rest is pretty good.

Track 7 has a completely random Three Six Mafia appearance, can't beat that!

Also, remember when the Academy gave fucking Three Six Mafia an Oscar for a song called "Hard Out Here For A Pimp"????? That was amazing. Still the best Oscar win of all time by a fair margin. 

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Track 7 has a completely random Three Six Mafia appearance, can't beat that!

Also, remember when the Academy gave fucking Three Six Mafia an Oscar for a song called "Hard Out Here For A Pimp"????? That was amazing. Still the best Oscar win of all time by a fair margin. 

I mean, you look at the first 6 tracks, and it includes Future Sex/Love Sounds, Sexy Back, My Love, Lovestoned/I Think She Knows, and What Goes Around. That's....incredibly impressive. Hard to match up by default.

And yes, that Oscar win was hilarious. The Jon Stewart quip was pretty good too

Supplies might be my least fav JT song ever as I hit this point.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think it helps streaming points if there's more tracks... or something i dunno i skimmed an article on this. rae sremmurd are apparently releasing a three disc album this year for goodness sake.

Yea I saw that on either Ringer or Vulture I think. I guess it makes sense but it doesn't explain why the tracks themselves are so long....it counts as a play whether the song is three minutes or six minutes. Migos don't have to give all three members 16 bars and two guest appearances on every song! 

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I mean, you look at the first 6 tracks, and it includes Future Sex/Love Sounds, Sexy Back, My Love, Lovestoned/I Think She Knows, and What Goes Around. That's....incredibly impressive. Hard to match up by default.

And yes, that Oscar win was hilarious. The Jon Stewart quip was pretty good too

Supplies might be my least fav JT song ever as I hit this point.

Oh yea the top six is unreal. Supplies is just awful. Why didn't anyone tell him not to release that, much less as a single? The other two singles are mostly pretty fine. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

not a 3 6 guy but i think about that juicy j has an oscar everytime i hear his verse on katy perry's dark horse. she eat your heart out like jeffrey dahmer.

SHE'S A BEAST. I CALL HER KARMA

• Like 1

Juicy J is living his best life. From a beloved underground hip hop producer who revolutionized Southern rap to a guy delivering mediocre verses on songs with Justin Bieber and Katy Perry. I respect it. He deserved to get his bread up after all those years toiling. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Oh yea the top six is unreal. Supplies is just awful. Why didn't anyone tell him not to release that, much less as a single? The other two singles are mostly pretty fine. 

Supplies is just an especially terrible concoction because Justin's nasally voice with SUPPPLIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEES is...woof.

Edited by MrPink

14 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Yea at least this doesn't have 20/20's length problems. I don't get the long album thing. Culture II is good in alot of places but every Migos song is 5 minutes long and the album feels like five hours. It's getting insane. Dedication 6 is two and a half fucking hours! Illmatic was ten tracks long, people. This has been an issue forever - the best Beatles album is about 1/3rd as long as the most famous two. 

I couldn't even finish Culture II because of how fucking long it is. Narcos and Stir Fry are A+ though!

Will listen to Man of the Woods shortly.