Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, MrPink said:

I heard there’s an 18 hour movie that came out last year from the same director and channels some of that movie

That's a bit long.  No one told the director of said movie to take a hint and cut some shit out and make it shorter?  Even Matthew Vaughn trimmed his cut of Kingsman 2 from 15 days to 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Just now, That One Guy said:

That's a bit long.  No one told the director of said movie to take a hint and cut some shit out and make it shorter?  Even Matthew Vaughn trimmed his cut of Kingsman 2 from 15 days to 2 hours and 20 minutes.

But Kingsman 2 is approximately 100x longer than the 18 hour movie.

• Like 1

Just watched the latest episode of Versace. This season has turned out to be so unsettling. A lot of people were criticizing how they could've made a season out of this storyline, but it completely makes sense as to why they tackled it now: to humanize Cunanan's victims.

Also, I've never heard of Cody Fern (the actor who plays David Madson) before this program, but I want more.

Just now, That One Guy said:

good directors can be as long as they want but matthew vaughn needs to learn to trim it down to a tight 75.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Just watched the latest episode of Versace. This season has turned out to be so unsettling. A lot of people were criticizing how they could've made a season out of this storyline, but it completely makes sense as to why they tackled it now: to humanize Cunanan's victims.

Also, I've never heard of Cody Fern (the actor who plays David Madson) before this program, but I want more.

yeah I just caught up on the last episode.  It was pretty good, ok most of it was made up, but it still fit the idea they were going for so I don't mind.

yes I am glad they are giving the victims their due and not just the killer which is usually what happens

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This one is so precious that I almost don't want to ruin it, but... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4093826/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

yeah I just caught up on the last episode.  It was pretty good, ok most of it was made up, but it still fit the idea they were going for so I don't mind.

yes I am glad they are giving the victims their due and not just the killer which is usually what happens

It's such a contrast from People vs. O.J. Simpson, which was all about the court case but not about the victims. Really surprised and impressed by the route they have taken.

• Like 1

Gangs of New York is pretty good. DDL was tremendous. So much fun to watch. The Cameron Diaz stuff was mostly a head scratcher. Not really sure what was going on there.

It was amazing to see The Greatest Showman's influence in a film made fifteen years before it's release. Lots of references sprinkled throughout. Crazy how much of a cultural touchstone that movie has become in such a short period of time.