Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

It astounds me that other drivers around won’t either turn on their headlights when it’s raining or snowing.  Or don’t clear the snow off their car windows. I must have seen 4 or 5 cars with at least 4 inches driving around 

When I read 4 inches, I was thinking of something else :kitschjob: 

• Like 1

Almost forgot. Need to issue a formal apology to A24. Sent my fucks to them yesterday because of how late the release date was for Lady Bird here, but it turned out that Universal was the one distributing it in NZ.

So fucks to you @Universal.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

It's fine though because Domhnall Gleeson gets fucking tossed around like a ragdoll in the film.  It's glorious.  There's no way he wouldn't be dead.

So basically he's General Hux from TLJ minus the over-the-top histrionics 

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

Almost forgot. Need to issue a formal apology to A24. Sent my fucks to them yesterday because of how late the release date was for Lady Bird here, but it turned out that Universal was the one distributing it in NZ.

So fucks to you @Universal.

Expect to be blocked by Universal on Twitter soon. Now you'll know how Coolio feels with re: A24.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I remember when Wonder came out and you were like "this movie about teaching kids to be nice to people with disfigured faces looks insufferable." Looking forward to a few weeks from now when Love, Simon opens and you say "this movie about teaching kids to be nice to gay people looks insufferable" as well. So cold, that Tele.

It looked like a Hallmark movie. Not my tempo, that’s all. 

Shameless plug, I know, but I've just started my 'Ranking every 2017 Film I Saw' list in the Speakeasy. So if you enjoyed the list I did last year with Baumer, then feel free to check it out. 

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Who?

Jacob's character is a big Star Wars fan and Disney allowed them to use some of the characters. It's actually handled well and doesn't feel at all like self-promotion (especially when compared to stuff like that theater that only shows hit WB films from the time period in IT or the fake pirated Disney movies in Zootopia).

Edited by filmlover

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Jacob's character is a big Star Wars fan and Disney allowed them to use some of the characters. It's actually handled well and doesn't feel at all like self-promotion (especially when compared to stuff like that theater that only shows hit WB films from the time period in IT or the fake pirated Disney movies in Zootopia).

man your avatar gives me douche chills every time i see it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

...so it’s a Hallmark movie with licensing? :thinking: