Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: Thor: Ragnarok - 10.8M Deadline

53 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Thor 3's first Tues is 23.24% of it's OD including previews

Dr. Strange's first Tues is 23.5% of it's OD including previews

(both Tuesdays were on election day)

So pacing right along side Strange other even though Thor's previews were about 50% bigger and it's OW  was 44% higher.

Thor 2 Monday was Vet Day and Strange had the presidential election.

12 minutes ago, 75Live said:

stop making sense!!  you know people only come in here to overreact, argue phantom points that no one has actually said and all that jazz!!  

:P 

Ain't that the truth! Must mean another CBM opened. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 75Live said:

stop making sense!!  you know people only come in here to overreact, argue phantom points that no one has actually said and all that jazz!!  

:P 

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

your attempt to get two likes backfired, as apparently I went through my quota already today  :P 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes... that's why I'm comparing Thor 3's election day Tues to Starnge's election day Tues.

You really can't though since a national election effects the box office much differently then the regional ones. 

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes... that's why I'm comparing Thor 3's election day Tues to Starnge's election day Tues.

Still, Strange was for electing the PRESIDENT. Thor was for a few Governors.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Still, Strange was for electing the PRESIDENT. Thor was for a few Governors.

I seriously dont know how this works but an honest question. If people off in a couple of states helped Thor's gross so wouldnt a lot of people off the whole country over help DS gross a lot also? Or do I have this wrong?

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I seriously dont know how this works but an honest question. If people off in a couple of states helped Thor's gross so wouldnt a lot of people off the whole country over help DS gross a lot also? Or do I have this wrong?

The governor was only for a few states for each respective state. The Presidential election was for all states.

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The governor was only for a few states for each respective state. The Presidential election was for all states.

So the presidential election should give movies a bigger bump?

Edited by grey ghost

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Yes I know that part. But some people earlier were saying that perhaps the elections yesterday helped Thor's gross a little bit because (I am assuming) people were off from work/school. My question is DS had election the country over so people all over the country would have off from work/school. So wouldnt that had helped DS a lot more on its respective tuesday (2 states off vs people in whole country off). 

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Yes I know that part. But some people earlier were saying that perhaps the elections yesterday helped Thor's gross a little bit because (I am assuming) people were off from work/school. My question is DS had election the country over so people all over the country would have off from work/school. So wouldnt that had helped DS a lot more on its respective tuesday (2 states off vs people in whole country off). 

People didn’t get off work here for the election in 2016. Maybe the east coast did but that’s about it.

The Tuesday number doesnt do anything to change my mind. We still have no idea what the second weekend will be like or the 3rd weekend or whether or not it's going to pass by 2.5 multiplier.

And you can't compare a winter movies first Tuesday 2 summer movies first Tuesday lol come on guys that's box office 101.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

The Tuesday number doesnt do anything to change my mind. We still have no idea what the second weekend will be like or the 3rd weekend or whether or not it's going to pass by 2.5 multiplier.

And you can't compare a winter movies first Tuesday 2 summer movies first Tuesday lol come on guys that's box office 101.

Its guy Baumer... Not guys

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Time to abandon your sinking ship, Baumer.

YlTK9Sk.gif