Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

I know, but I'm saying I don't know why they call her that. I guess they think she looks like a man...... Whatever, it's saying a lot but I'm damn sure ADF is the cattiest place on the Internet.

I will never venture into that place. Never. 

• Like 4

I know, but I'm saying I don't know why they call her that. I guess they think she looks like a man...... Whatever, it's saying a lot but I'm damn sure ADF is the cattiest place on the Internet.

They hate her, think she's wooden and what not. It's just their way of insulting everyone. And yeah, they are by far the cattiest place on the internet. It's a bloodbath there everyday. :lol:

Edited by riczhang

I'd probably like Amour, but the problem is finding a way to see it that doesn't involve piracy. :P

:lol: You really need a lot of patience to watch that movie. It wears your down and if you don't have a long attention span it'll come off as dry and you'll hate it. 

• Like 1

I think Chastain was done the day the Oscar nominations came out. The race is between Lawrence (favorite) and Riva but  a lot depends on BAFTA. If Lawrence wins BAFTA she is going to be the prohibitive favorite and only a backlash will prevent her from winning the Academy award.

I think the other actresses are in trouble because they simply haven't won anything yet. Whether it be the Golden Globes, Critics Choice, People's Choice, SAGs, its been all Jen Lawrence getting the trophies so far. Winning at BAFTA would just be icing on the cake and another nail in the coffin for the rest of the field.

I think the only reason Lawrence doesn't win an Oscar is because the Academy wants to be different and go against the grain. Which is possible, I mean look at Ben Affleck/Argo, which has been kicking Spielberg's/Lincoln's ass at the other awards shows. Despite all that Affleck is still shut out of best director category and Lincoln is still considered the favorite by most to win BP.

Which is exactly why fishnets belongs there. When they stoop so low to attack Blanchett. Bitches.

Until you see Amout, you can't say who is going to win. Riva is that good. I really think it could be a surprise this year. I'll be thrilled if Jlaw wins, but imo, Riva is more deserving.

• Like 1