Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

I ain't talking about the BAFTA.

well the poster you were referring to was. They said the BAFTA was between Riva and Chastain.

My money's on JLaw. I think Chastain's chances are done and dusted, she really needed that SAG win. The buzz surrounding her film and her performance peaked too soon. Riva MAY upset but it's unlikely. Say hello to Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence.

• Like 2

Riva MAY upset but it's unlikely.

Jennifer Lawrence is the favorite but Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor categories don't have prohibitive favorites. Now Daniel Day Lewis and Anne Hathaway are clear favorites. Anne Hathaway losing will be an upset. Jennifer Lawrence can easily lose this year and no one will count it as an upset.

:lol: :lol:The Academy‏ @TheAcademy"Most little girls dreamed about their wedding dresses, but I always dreamed about my Oscar dress." - Jessica Chastain #OscarLunch

@AnnaJKlassen: "I'm gonna wear sweatpants." Jennifer Lawrence jokes about what she's going to wear to The Oscars. #OscarLunch@AnnaJKlassen: "At the last Oscars I ate a chilly cheese steak before hand and had to double my Spanx." Jennifer Lawrence #OscarLunchPoint- JLaw. Edited by Silver Linings aDIM
  • Like 2

Even despite pundits being obnoxious about her, Jessica Chastain has really shown herself well this season. She seems to really pleasant and has genes like Amy Adams so she looks half her age. I would not mind her winning but am still on JLaw since she is SLP. 

Even despite pundits being obnoxious about her, Jessica Chastain has really shown herself well this season. She seems to really pleasant and has genes like Amy Adams so she looks half her age. I would not mind her winning but am still on JLaw since she is SLP. 

She is a fine actress but she is coming across as too desperate. It doesn't help that all of her competitors, including Jennifer Lawrence, are playing it cool.

• Like 2

I don't think the Oscar dress quote is that bad. In fashion, "Oscar dress" doesn't mean "dress you wear when you WIN the Oscar" it just means "dress you wear TO the Oscars". She's essentially saying she's always cared more about being respected and acnowledged professionally than getting married. As a girl who never dreamt about her wedding dress (or wedding for that matter) I kind of dig that quote and dont find it obnoxious at all.

Still Team JLaw :P

Hell no. Bradley Cooper is SLP.

Edited by 4815162342

It was supposed to be all him. But you can tell when she stormed into the frame, the movie is sparkling from "honest good" to great as soon as she bat her eyelid on him. She lights the fuse with her very own charming demeanor and rockets it to stratospherical realms.

Well, Cooper and J-Law are SLP since it's kind of a romance, you need to be two to dance a tango. It's kinda the point of the movie.

Edited by dashrendar44