Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

I think Cotillard gets in. We need at least one foreign nom, and it seems this is more of a tailor made role for a nom than Riva

Movies need to get seen to be nominated. Rust and Bone didn't even make the foreign language submissions list. It was snubbed at the European Movie Awards. She's not getting.

So its chastain vs lawrence right?

Probably, though Chastain isn't a strong as some of us including me thought she was. We'll see though. NYFCC announces Monday, then LAFCA, and NBR by the end of the week. Edited by riczhang

Current:Jessica Chainstan for Zero Dark ThirtyKiera Knightley for Anna K.Jennifer Lawrence for Silver LiningsHelen Mirren for HitchockNaomi Watts for The Impossible

Edited by Impact

Crone having a meltdown because Reese Witherspoon wants Naomi Watts to win Best Actress :rofl: ...@AwardsDaily: It didn't matter when Robert Wise said "Martin Scorsese should win the Oscar" and it won't matter what Reese says about Naomi. IMO.@AwardsDaily: Actually, I'll retract that. I didn't realize EW had asked celebrities to openly endorse contenders.@AwardsDaily: I also thought the Academy frowned on direct endorsenments of contenders by Academy members. No? It's a free-for-all now?

12 hour later, Crone is still beside herself at thought of Chastain facing a new contender :lol:@AwardsDaily: Why are all the celebs campaigning so hard for The Impossible? I have no idea. It's a decent, if linear, film.Tells a moving true story but.@AwardsDaily: @NICOLASILIOP @ropeofsilicon that isn't it. There is some kind of connection to some powerful person. The writer, maybe.CONSPIRACY! :rofl:

Apparently there is backlash against Watts on AD Forums also. They really don't want someone to threaten their beloved Chastain.

Chastain isn`t ADF`s beloved. She`s just their champion against Lawrence now that their Dame Keira, who is true ADF fave, is putting all her hopes on BAFTA to reanimate her corpse for lucky-to-be-fifth-spot nomination.OTOH, Chastian is Crone`s champ because she`s playing a woman no one is in loved with. Edited by fishnets