That One Girl

BLUMHOUSE'S TRUTH OR DARE | April 13, 2018 | Universal | Lucy Hale, Tyler Posey

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It feels surprising that this concept hasn't actually been done before.

Wasn't there a Syfy movie released last Halloween with almost an identical plot? It was called Truth Or Dare also. It was about a group of friends who go to a haunted mansion to play truth or dare but soon find that if they don't do the dare or tell a lie, they die.

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Haha 1

There's also a 1986 horror film called Truth or dare: Critical Madness.  It's a very low budget effort and I'm wondering if that film has copyrights to the name as well.

• Like 1

That's an incredibly effective trailer.  Love the music and love the theme.  It's kind of got a bit of It follows to it.  Blumhouse seems to be on a roll.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

WTF is this?  That looks fucking intense....like really intense.  That's not the same movie as the Blumhouse one.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the SyFy one and it was pretty bad ass.  Lots of gore, lots of intensity and pretty well acted.  Cassandra scerbo of Sharknado fame is in this one and she's quite the little hottie.  If Blumhouse one is anything like this one, it'll be quite good. 

12 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Wasn't there a Syfy movie released last Halloween with almost an identical plot? It was called Truth Or Dare also. It was about a group of friends who go to a haunted mansion to play truth or dare but soon find that if they don't do the dare or tell a lie, they die.

Of course. :hahaha:

6 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Looks awful. Typical Blumhouse crap.

LMAO at "from the producers of 2010s I Spit on Your Grave".

And that actually has me more interested.  IMO, it's a good ploy because you have the Blumhouse name to get casuals in and then for those of us who like gore and a bit more intensity than a Blumhouse film, you have the IPOYG pedigree.  I like it.