That One Girl

BLUMHOUSE'S TRUTH OR DARE | April 13, 2018 | Universal | Lucy Hale, Tyler Posey

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I don't really trust critics when it comes to most films, especially horror so I'll be making my mind up on this one, in the theatre.

Same Baumer.

The original Final Destination is 34% on RT everyone. 

Critics dont like dead-teenager movies, as Ebert would call them. 

• Like 3

All I can say is there this BETTER out gross every single R rated horror film for the past few years. This PG-13 slasher shit won’t fuck off? Fine, just out gross everything R rated, should be very easy as R rated horror movies don’t make money.

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

All I can say is there this BETTER out gross every single R rated horror film for the past few years. This PG-23 slashed shit won’t fuck off? Fine, just out gross everything R rated, should be very easy as R rated horror movies don’t make money.

Yep, good point.

9625d4_3d0dfdd389f248da9e07a82c83424e8a~

s3-news-tmp-77017-the-conjuring-2-1280jp

2.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

All I can say is there this BETTER out gross every single R rated horror film for the past few years. This PG-23 slashed shit won’t fuck off? Fine, just out gross everything R rated, should be very easy as R rated horror movies don’t make money.

A PG13 horror just opened to $50m a few days ago. 

• Like 1

I can’t help but imagine that with every project Jason Blum produces, the results are the equivalent to him blindly throwing darts at a wall to see which ones make it on the board. Sometimes he would hit the bullseye with films such as “Get Out” and “Whiplash”. Then, there are movies you’re surprised hit the dartboard to begin with, like “Happy Death Day” and “The Visit”. Beyond that, you get the movies that are so far off the dartboard that the dart lands square in the back of someone’s head (with that someone symbolizing you as an audience member) with movies such as “Jem and the Holograms” and “The Gallows”. So, basically you never know how a Blumhouse movie will go. Now, we have the latest Blumhouse horror film, “Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare,” an MTV-styled movie who’s dart doesn’t hit you at the back of your head, but the bottom of your ass.

REVIEW: http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//blumhouses-truth-or-dare-review

Edited by rjones1325

except he's pretty much hit it every time.

Since Paranormal Activity, I count 28 Blum movies. Of those only TWO flopped. The Darkness, and Jem. That's it. The other 26 have been successful. That is a pretty good track record. 

I think PG 13 is a fine rating for horror films but this particular film being rated PG 13 still makes no sense to me. It looks like a mindless slasher, the only thing it has going for it is violence. You take that away and it's a useless film.

• Thanks 1