That One Girl

BLUMHOUSE'S TRUTH OR DARE | April 13, 2018 | Universal | Lucy Hale, Tyler Posey

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Imagine if it had stayed at its April 27th date. :P

Anyway I predict this will move to May 11.

Nah, the Friday the 13th gimmick is too good to pass up on. It'll stay where it is.

6 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Blumhouse’s Truth Or Dare - Rated PG-13 for violence and disturbing content, alcohol abuse, some sexuality, language and thematic material. 

I guess it’s another Wish Upon, all interest in this movie lost. 

Happy Death Day worked and that was PG-13

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

No it didnt, it seriously should have been rated R, would have made more at the box office to boot.

R coulda made it better sure, but it was good enough for what it was. Made over 100M on a 5M budget, and it was a pretty decent movie to be fair

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

R coulda made it better sure, but it was good enough for what it was. Made over 100M on a 5M budget, and it was a pretty decent movie to be fair

Did we not have 3 low budget R rated horror movies make over $100 million in the US ALONE last year? Everyone keeps saying that PG-13 horror makes more at the box office but that just doesn’t seem to hold up at all. If this is going to keep happening I feel the box office should reflect it but it really doesn’t.

12 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Did we not have 3 low budget R rated horror movies make over $100 million in the US ALONE last year? Everyone keeps saying that PG-13 horror makes more at the box office but that just doesn’t seem to hold up at all. If this is going to keep happening I feel the box office should reflect it but it really doesn’t.

There have been some pretty good PG-13 horror movies (especially Blumhouse productions like Insidious, Split, HDD, The Visit). There’s a market for both PG-13 and R Horror. In some cases an R rating is just unnecessary. 

Edited by Rman823

15 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It was a once-in-a-decade phenomenon that you can't expect Happy Death Day to replicate. Blockbuster level marketing and source material that is one of the most popular books in the US from the past 50 years.

Get Out was a cultural phenomenon that got some of the best reviews ever for the genre, multiple academy award nominations (and a win), subject matter that captured the cultural zeitgeist etc. No WAY in hell would an R rated HDD be expected to do this

Not sure what the third one was. Split? That was PG-13 if I recall

4 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

There have been some pretty good PG-13 horror movies (especially Blumhouse productions like Insidious, Split, HDD, The Visit). There’s a market for both PG-13 and R Horror. In some cases an R rating is just unnecessary. 

When you’re dealing with a movie about people getting killed off in various gruesome ways you would expect an R rating to allow them showcase this. Instead they tone themselves down for some reason and make a lesser product because of it. Why? I’m sick of coming out of movies and saying “that seriously should have been rated R” and it’s happening waaay too much lately. Some films don’t need to be R rated like The Visit, Split it Insidious but HDD should have been R rated and so should Truth Or Dare. It’s baffling that they aren’t.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It was a once-in-a-decade phenomenon that you can't expect Happy Death Day to replicate. Blockbuster level marketing and source material that is one of the most popular books in the US from the past 50 years.

Get Out was a cultural phenomenon that got some of the best reviews ever for the genre, multiple academy award nominations (and a win), subject matter that captured the cultural zeitgeist etc. No WAY in hell would an R rated HDD be expected to do this

Annabelle Creation

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Annabelle: Creation but it was more of a soft R anyway.