Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

Around 180M from China/Russia/Japan/SK/Taiwan.TF3 was particularly huge in these markets and did 380M.So 200m gap there... but Avengers should outgross or match TF3 in all markets except Germany. So Avengers might be able to reduce the deficit to 100M.

Looks like it will break TF3's OW record in HK plus should be able to pass its total there as well. If it breaks out like this China than look out.

Good news from Germany as well....Thursday gross was only $1.4M, but gross upto Friday is $3.4M. So Friday gross was $2M.Nice recovery!

Good but not great..I hate german BO when it comes to Marvel movies

Good but not great..I hate german BO when it comes to Marvel movies

Look at it this way... it more than doubled IM2's opening. :PI was expecting $5-6M initially, so I am certainly very happy with $7M+.

I see 80M in China, 25M in Japan and 35M in Russia.Transformers 3 grossed 770M, because it did monstrous business in some major markets. TF3 also had very good legs and summer weekdays.TA opening is very, very good, but it doesn't really set the world on fire. And the question remains about its legs.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way. But shut the fuck up.

Dude, don't take this the wrong way. But shut the fuck up.

No need to be so rude. I'm not trashing your favourite comic-book movie, I just don't buy into crazy fanboyish predictions regarding its box office potential.

No need to be so rude. I'm not trashing your favourite comic-book movie, I just don't buy into crazy fanboyish predictions regarding its box office potential.

Yes, as you have pointed out in every tread. :rolleyes:Hong Kong tread.

Transformers 3 holds the record for the biggest single day $1.3M. For TA to claim OW record it will need to beat that number TWICE.That's not going to happen, but it's a very impressive performance anyway.

One day later:

The Avengers 3D squashes Transformers 3's 3D single-day admissions record. It also becomes the new recordholder for single day in gross beating Transformers 3's 1.286m.The Avengers Saturday estimate - $1,550,000

and right now is projected to beat TF3 OW record.So yes, we got that you don't believe TA will be a big success OS and will break one or two records. No need to point it out all the time.