WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | The most profitable movie of 2023

9 hours ago, DTP said:

Honestly, if it's as good as Odyssey and Galaxy were, I don't mind the wait. But they definitely should give us a new 2D game this year.

It’s a shame Odyssey wasn’t a Galaxy situation where the team actually had plans to create quite a bit more than ended up in the game, and therefore were able put out a direct sequel so soon after. 

I do think they are trying to figure out how to make full blown “open world” 3D Mario like they teased with Bowsers Fury, so it also wouldn’t surprise me if it’s taking them quite a bit longer than normal to really “crack” that, especially if they’re working with prototype next gen hardware. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, cookie said:

Pikmin 4 has already been announced to come out after Zelda, and most reports say a Switch successor won't be ready until late next year at the earliest. I'm fairly certain we're getting at least a few more titles for the holidays.

I forgot about Pikmin 4 but I'm not expecting much more than that. It'll probably get a few more ports and Metroid Prime 4 will probably end up getting a dual release ie Breath of the Wild.

Edited by poweranimals

2 hours ago, Dephira said:

I wonder if there's any chance of this being any more than a soulless, by-the-numbers cashgrab chock-full of superficial references to the games? I have to say the trailers don't instill me with confidence. 

at least the minions 2 trailers were hilarious, the only thing this has going for it is the fact it looks expensive

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Disbelief 2

5 hours ago, Dephira said:

I wonder if there's any chance of this being any more than a soulless, by-the-numbers cashgrab chock-full of superficial references to the games? I have to say the trailers don't instill me with confidence. 

I mean....how deep can you go with a Mario Bros. movie? What else can you do with a bunch of animated Nintendo characters?? Let's not overthink this one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Reddroast said:

You didn't grow up with mario?

I was mostly raised by pokemon rom hacks; and though I am quite fond of mario games (not really the character), this movie has shown none of the charm the games have, some cheap references dont count

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I was mostly raised by pokemon rom hacks; and though I am quite fond of mario games (not really the character), this movie has shown none of the charm the games have, some cheap references dont count

I mean that’s your opinion, but the gaming community has been wildly receptive of this on the whole. Far more than any other vg movie pre-release. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

at least the minions 2 trailers were hilarious, the only thing this has going for it is the fact it looks expensive

I find if I am not into a particular movie I avoid the thread and not doom post and spoil everyone elses enjoyment who might be into that movie. 

• Like 3