DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

01. Deathly Hallows 2
02. PoA (Top 2 change all the time with me)
03. GoF (its sillyness grew on me)
04. HBP (Hated it only 3 years ago, because its my favourite book. But ignoring the many changes its a very good film on its own)
05. CoS (never understood the hate it often gets)
06. OotP
07. SS
08. DH1

I love all of them. But im biased, having grown up in a Potterhead-family.

tenor.gif?itemid=7885692

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Top 5 all time DC movies:

Superman the Movie

Batman 89

V for Vendetta

Constantine

Mask of the Phantasm/Superman 2

Sorry Not Sorry, Nolan.

This is the Potter thread. 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, filmscholar said:

Actually Joss only did reshoots.  You can tell this was Zack's film, it still had his tone.  But I could also see what Joss did, a lot of the humor and lighthearted moments was definitely Joss to me.  

Did Joss save the movie or make it worse?

5 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Actually Joss only did reshoots but he added to the script which is why he got Story credit.  You can tell this was Zack's film, it still had his tone.  But I could also see what Joss did, a lot of the humor and lighthearted moments was definitely Joss to me.  

It combined the worst of both filmmakers. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did Joss save the movie or make it worse?

I think it's made worse because if you are going to have a Snyder film, then let it be a Snyder film.  A lot of people will hate it but others will love it.  Obviously,  WB didn't want another Snyder film but instead we got a jumbled mess.  It's cool in parts but it needed a lot more time,  CGI wasn't finished in spots.  Editing was poor again..  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Truer words were never written:

”The default mode of most Marvel films is glib and quippy, prizing banter over feeling, and the default mode of DC films has been mopey and tortured and faux-dark, a vibe that's sold to audiences as "adult" even though it's deeply adolescent.”

https://www.rogerebert.com/mzs/30-minutes-on-wonder-woman

I agree with you,  neither studio makes films that stand the test of time.  It'd be nice if they strive for something more...  but they never get there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think it's made worse because if you are going to have a Snyder film, then let it be a Snyder film.  A lot of people will hate it but others will love it.  Obviously,  WB didn't want another Snyder film but instead we got a jumbled mess.  It's cool in parts but it needed a lot more time,  CGI wasn't finished in spots.  Editing was poor again..  

See, I disagree...I think we were supposed to have long segments in 2 plot-crucial parts that got cut to the bare minimum...and that cut was great b/c those 2 segments were already bad...and if they had been longer, it would have been excruciatingly bad:)...as it was, you got to get through the bad parts quickly and move on to the good stuff...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

But JL was better recieved critically than BvS. A pure Snyder movie might've gotten an even worse reception (hard to imagine, I know).

Also the studio restricted the length of the movie to under 2 hours. Not entirely Joss' fault.

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Late to the party but Harry Potter Rankings!!!

1) FUCK YOU SS

2) POA

3) GOF
4) CoS

5) DH2

6) OotP

6 tie) HBP

8) DH1 

Sorcerer's Stone is magical and endearing as fuck...but the best?! HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ones that do not appreciate DH1 are insane.

Just now, grey ghost said:

But JL was better recieved critically than BvS. A pure Snyder movie might've gotten an even worse reception (hard to imagine, I know).

Also the studio restricted the length of the movie to under 2 hours. Not entirely Joss' fault.

It's J0$$ W33d0n'$ fault

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Sorcerer's Stone is magical and endearing as fuck...but the best?! HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ones that do not appreciate DH1 are insane.

Did I say best? 

Its my favorite, and if you made a ultimate HP check list, the first has the most check marks. Yes it the weakest in a lot of ways, I know all the flaws,, but its the most magical, the JW score is an A+ and I saw this shit at 8 years old opening night. I mean you cant beat that. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2