That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

LOTR has been condemned to television.

Batman and Superman movies will continue long after we're dead.

I guess that's what happen when you have multiple classic villians and story arcs...

Or when your classic archetypes transcend pop culture and become modern mythology. 

Don't mess with the timeless icons, Dildo Waggins.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Did funny and colorful Justice League reach grimdark Batman v Superman's opening weekend numbers already?

WWpqBvV.gif

Again as the laws of most sequels. JL suffered the for the sins of the last movie(s). BVS not being well liked hurt this amongst audiences and reviews didn’t help.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good for Darkest Hour; it's on par with The Danish Girl IIRC

It's also in the same area as The Theory of Everything and Loving (previous November Focus awards hopefuls that opened in the $40K PTA range). If it becomes a Best Picture contender it could mirror the performance of The Theory of Everything (or at least Victoria & Abdul).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Phantom Thread is getting very good reactions from the first screening, but it's going to go nowhere without a BP nomination. The movie is around 2:30 (!) and veeeeeeery slow.

A PTA is never slow, get this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Darkest Hour could end up being this decade's The Last King of Scotland. A Best Actor winner, not nominated for anything else, with a less than $20m domestic take.

I still have it in my predictions for Best Picture (albeit in last place), Cinematography, and Score, but yeah.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Unless you're Inherent Vice :sparta: 

Inherent Vice has amazing pacing/editing. It's what I imagine being baked feels like in the same way the last day as a wiseguy sequence in Goodfellas is what I imagine being coked out of one's mind feels like. 

• Like 3