That One Girl

Destroyer | Dec 25 2018 | Directed by Karyn Kusama | Nicole Kidman, Tatiana Maslany, Sebastian Stan

Additionally, Beau Knapp (I’m a big fan of this guy), Jade Pettyjohn, Zach Villa and James Jordan have also joined the cast, which is led by Nicole Kidman, Tatiana Maslany, Sebastian Stan, Bradley Whitford, Toby Kebbell and Scoot McNairy.

My boy is here? Now it's a party!

Also I swear I read it was Gina and not Tatiana in this movie but hell my memory is awful.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/cannes-annapurna-nicole-kidman-destroyer-1202390107/

EXCLUSIVE: After an all night deal in Cannes, Annapurna Pictures has won U.S. rights off promo to buzzed-about Nicole Kidman crime-thriller Destroyer in what we understand to be a mid-high seven-figure deal with a significant release commitment.

AP is getting a lot of cool stuff lately. I wonder if this will be competing with Beale Street for awards noms later this year? 

This is the third awards contender Annapurna has with Cheney and Beale Street, goddamn. There's also Bernadette, but that won't be in contention for anything outside of Actress

Edited by WrathOfHan

If Annapurna keeps making smart moves while acting on the experience they've gained as a distributor, they'll become one of the most exciting companies in the business. It's great that they're picking up so many intriguing films. Maybe this time, one of them will be an Oscar contender.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

This is looking to be the year where Annapurna proves either they are the next A24 or are not long for this world as far as being a distribution house is concerned.

Hopefully they prove themselves to be the next A24, because if not, Laika's next film is in for a disappointing gross.

Edited by Slambros

12 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Hopefully they prove themselves to be the next A24, because if not, Laika's next film is in for a disappointing gross.

I'd laugh mightily (but be happy, obvs.) If Missing Link ended up the Laika film with the highest gross.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ithil said:

Nice to see Maslany actually in a cast. Despite her immense talent, I only ever seem to see "_____ won the role over other frontrunners Tatiana Maslany and _____" lately.

she was like the runner up choice for rogue one and rose in last jedi. so clearly someone at lucasfilm likes her and clearly someone else at lucasfilm doesn't.

• Like 1