A Marvel Fanboy

G.I. Joe: Retaliation OS Thread

Yes, I thought it would decrease on Saturday, but it didn't. It will do 110-130M DOM.

Yep.. Like you said last night to me..No chance of staying flat :P400 mill WW should be possible

Maybe it's just me but I don't see what is so great about this weekend number.... it is a sequel so it will be frontloaded anyway.... plus this weekend was inflated by Easter, and it had extended openings in many markets on top of that.I won't be surprised to see it drop to the tune of 65% next weekend for holdovers. Current markets will finish with 200m at best. Remaining markets maybe 50m more.

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me but I don't see what is so great about this weekend number.... it is a sequel so it will be frontloaded anyway.... plus this weekend was inflated by Easter, and it had extended openings in many markets on top of that.I won't be surprised to see it drop to the tune of 65% next weekend for holdovers. Current markets will finish with 200m at best. Remaining markets maybe 50m more.

You think China and Japan will gross less than 50 mill combined?

That's still 100m than the first movie on a smaller budget.  And after all the postponing drama it could've been a lot worse.  Paramount's decision is not as bad as everyone thought it would be.

Very impressive opening. Given that Overseas audience prefer familiar properties, no surprise that Hollywood is greenlighting all sorts of sequels. They just greenlighted GI Joe 3.

Link?

yeah, just you