DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

31 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Other studios need to be visionary like Disney, who invented Star Wars and Avatar!

I bet if consumers had the choice between sifting through years and years of shitty entertainment just to gain a few gems and simply having consolidated and streamlined entertainment with a treasure chest of gems they'd choose the latter.

Oh wait, they already have! :sparta:

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I bet if consumers had the choice between sifting through years and years of shitty entertainment just to gain a few gems and simply having consolidated and streamlined entertainment with a treasure chest of gems they'd choose the latter.

Yes, it is "consumers" who chose to sell half of Hollywood to the toys/parks/sports channel corporation.

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Yes, it is "consumers" who chose to sell half of Hollywood to the toys/parks/sports channel corporation.

2Yni481.jpg

16 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

2Yni481.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

How could anyone who is fine with the deal be butthurt? There is only one side that is butthurt.

They’re butthurt because people don’t like the deal. Because lord forbid somebody disliking any of the Disney brands.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

41 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Lol, "half of Hollywood", Fox's movie output was anemic this year.

Also, Disney already said they'll create a lane for R rated stuff like Deadpool.

Maybe you missed it.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

They’re butthurt because people don’t like the deal. Because lord forbid somebody disliking any of the Disney brands.

I don't think anyone really cares if everyone likes the deal or not. It's just the over-reactions that are so laughable, like threatening to block people who like the deal. But no one is butthurt over people not liking the deal. Over-reactions should be called out for what they are though.

There is only one side that is butthurt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barnack said:

I am mostly saying if every adult would have seen Whiplash and every adult would have seen the 2014 ninja turtle and you would have pooled people on which they preferred I am not sure Ninja Turtle win, same for Whiplash vs Fantastic 4, that the reason those movie made more money is not necessarily because it is what people prefer (it is a business that you pay before knowing if you like a movie or not). Less sure, but not impossible that yes with a 60m domestic marketing+ same amount of theater + a franchise connection used it could have done close to those.

We'll just have to disagree on that one.   I don't think there is any chance that Whiplash could be as popular as a Turtles movie.    A ton of money was spent to make people interested in Blade Runner this year and it didn't work.   The public knows what they like.

We don't always agree with the public...lord knows I don't.   But that doesn't change that they will only leave their homes in great numbers for event films.   Transformers is more interesting to them than something like Whiplash.

So that's what the studios are going to give them.   The public makes these decisions that you are blaming on the studios.

8 hours ago, RRA said:

It’s a good thing Disney-owned Marvel never made movies based off Ant-Man and GOTG and upcoming Black Panther then.

Yeah, the revisionist history is in full gear for everything.   Now Fox is so "brave" and "risky" when it took them 15 years to make an R rated movie.   Of course it will be ignored that they lowered the budget to 58 million for this "risk".    ....And that it took RR a decade to convince them to do it.

Meanwhile Marvel started out with the biggest risk possible....their very existence.   They took out a huge loan and trotted out a character most of the public has never heard of.   A failure there and no one is even talking about Marvel studios today.   Oh...and they decided they would take a whole new approach to building a franchise while they were at it and go with a shared universe.    Marvel then continued to take risk as you said with Ant-Man, Dr Strange, GotG.   They even hired an indie director named Taika Waititi and gave him the keys to one of their big names.    A whole new approach to Thor that paid off big time.   That's not risky now I guess.   Clearly Disney has forced Marvel to "play it safe", right?    ;)  

But now the whole thing is being painted as "Fox takes risks...Marvel plays it safe".   Pretty amazing to watch this unfold.

5 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Feige getting his hands on the X-Men and Deadpool is only a small part of this nightmare, look at this headline from hell:

Murdoch's Disney deal is a boon for Fox News

Well at least there is finally some "outrage" for something other than Disney.

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Oh sorry.

Go ahead and continue to trash Disney unchallenged.

Am I doing this non-butthurt, apathy thing right?

Just now, cookie said:

The werehog sections in Unleashed are to this day some the most tedious shit I've ever played.

Unleashed is actually pretty decent. The Werehog sections were meh but I liked the story and Sonic gameplay.